Friday, March 18, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 77 - Bed time

Yes, a brief entry from the confines of my bed.  I am liking the new modem more and more when it comes to my apartment.  I do some of my best work in bed, it is not uncommon for me to have a pack of cigarettes on the table next to my bed as well as an ashtray, a beverage of some sort on the floor beside my bed and a book and my clock radio at the top of my bed.  Now with the wireless option on my modem, I am finding that I am taking the laptop to bed with me and working from it whilest I lie on my stomach.  I realize that wireless technology has been around for quite some time, but being the late adopter I am (I still refuse to get a cell phone after all) I was content to just have the laptop for road trips and not break it out on the homefront.  But with the free modem upgrade from Verizon earlier this year I am coming to grips with the idea that I am slowly getting technologically cooler, even if I am not any cooler in many other aspects of my life.

That being said I am not going to be spending much time on this entry, it is late and I have breakfast with Sammy planned in the morning, though I am suspect of his willingness to go. We tend to alternate who buys, though I am of the opinion that even if I am not schheduled to buy I will take money in case someone else is short on cash, and if I don't have enough cash then I don't go.  Still I am due to buy on the next foray into breakfast, but because of the example I have set about having cash just in case, Sammy is trying to follow my example, so no matter how much I tried reassuring him the last couple of days that I got this, he was still wavering on the idea.  So I will go to meet him in the morning, if he is there all is cool, if not I will head off to breakfast solo, I have plenty of reading material to work on that I can just as easily sit all by myself and enjoy a cheeseburger omelet or something equally tasty and be content with that.

For all of that to happen though I need to be getting some shut eye, and there is no better time to do that than right about now. 

1 comment:

  1. smoking in bed is a bad idea ... you know the stories ...

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been