Friday, March 4, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 63 - Thank you Alito

I'll be brief, if for no other reason than I am tired and I have plans in the morning.   That being said I think Justice Alito just became my new hero, at least until he writes an opinion that I do not like, but despite being on the wrong side of an 8-1 Supreme Court ruling regarding whether the Westboro Baptist Church can yell their hate filled speech at funerals.  It is not a suprising ruling by the court, but I will be honest in that if the WBC were to show up at a funeral for someone in my family I would possibly kill one if not more of them. 

I know what you are thinking, that it is a lot of hyperbole, but really it isn't.  In the grand scheme of things you only need one sympathetic juror to get away with murder, and the WBC is far from a well thought of target.  I think I could roll the dice and take my chances in that scenario of turning one of 12 jurors.  Thankfully the chance of them actually showing up for soemone passing in my family at this point is pretty miniscule, even those in the service have done their tours of duty and are back on familiar soil.  Still I will admit that I am waiting for the day when the WBC shows up at a funeral and someone just start kicking some Baptist ass.  Hell I might even toss a couple of shekels to their legal defense fund at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been