Saturday, March 12, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 71 - Sugar high

 

Okay, I'll admit breakfast was pretty awesome. I did mess up on yesterday's description though, it was double chocolate banana pancakes, not chocolate chip pancakes that I had originally thought. That being said I did have the breakfast sundae today before work, and I am glad I did because I needed as much energy as I could muster for the day that was to come, that being doing the St Patrick's Day parade at work. Technically I usually just place an order on Saturday, but because of the circumstances, Sammy and I were both pulled in for extra duty, Sammy worked in the deli slicing lunch meats, while I worked stocking coolers with Curtis, because with the parade we expected to be busier than usual, and we were. The parade lasted almost three hours, and as things turned out, not much had been done with the coolers the night before, so I was already starting behind the 8 ball. And Curtis was little help in that regard, I think he may have taken two loads of soda upstairs the entire time I was there, leaving me to stock most of the coolers myself.


Clare was supposed to join Sammy and I for breakfast this morning, but she didn't show up. Now I get that we go to breakfast early, usually Sammy and I will meet up around 6:30 am, and that time of day isn't for everyone, so I never force anyone to go with us (as if I could) but when someone says they will go, and then shuts off their phone so you don't know if they are coming or not, well let's just say I was a little ticked off about that aspect of this morning's sojourn to breakfast. I am not sure when Sammy and I will be making our next venture to DeLuca's, but I know I am not inviting Clare along. That would fall under the rule of “Fool me once.....” Maybe I am being too picky, but if that is a character flaw, so be it. I can live with it.


I did manage to snag 6 hours at work, which is excellent., I can use the extra cash. I also found some more money today, $1.40 to be exact. I am not going to update the change meter, at least not yet. Still waiting to see if I can hold onto the bus pass for a couple more weeks. If so, this year will end up being the biggest year in change meter history and I will still have nine months to add to the total. I also found a handful of Coke caps after the parade ended, the streets were literally littered with trash. If I had made an honest effort I could have probably maxed out my Coke points for the week just walking around downtown, but I did want to have some time for myself today, and that doesn't include meandering around a bunch of inebriated peoples just for Coke points.


Well I am going to call it a night again. I started my next book last night and already I am halfway through it. It is the first of the Robert Parker series, after my last read I thought I would go with some lighter fare for a change. The next book will be somewhat long as well, not as long as the Clinton/Starr book, but long enough. It too is another political tome, so Parker is like a quick resurfacing for air before diving back into the deep end of the pool. I have two of my next books selected already, just have to finalize the purchase over at Amazon, which I will probably due some time this weekend, so I am starting to get back up to normal reading speed after a slow start to the year. But for now I am off of my sugar high and just sleepy, so time to turn in, and hopefully sleep a little late tomorrow morning. No where to go and no one to see, just the way I like my Sundays.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been