Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 87 - Easy street

Yeah, I think I blabbed more than enough yesterday that I am going to relax a bit rather than fire off another long entry this evening.  So far it has been a peaceful week at work, the Art Institute is on one of their quarter breaks, meaning our business has slowed a bit.  I actually had my ordering done a half hour ahead of time for a change, and that is while also fixing one of the registers at our other store and working on updating prices and removing stuff from the systme that we no longer sell. 

Truth betold though, I am more into reading tonight than writing.  I am on the second of thgree books I bought from Amazon, a funny book on the history of fantasy football which means I am probably the only person who frequents this blog who would actually like it.  Good thing I am the person that is reading it then.

Anyway, I am off to bed for some reading and some sleeping and hopefully some sort of idea as to what I will blog about next.

2 comments:

  1. nothing to read lately - waiting for the "summer" books to come out - need to check out free online books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using my free Amazon gift cards for most of my books. They offer free shipping on orders over $25, so usually I pick one book I definitely want, then a book from Robert Parker's Spenser series because I want to read them all and many of them were written back when I was still in elementary school and then the third book is usually just a reach pick to get the free shipping. I opted for the one on fantasy football as my reach pick, it is a little dated, but it does a good job explaining some of the history of the game as well as some of the thinking and camaraderie behind the people who play it, from the smallest of leagues put together amongst friends to people flying all over the country just for the opportunity to participate in drafts. I get some of the mind set, given I have played in leagues for about two decades now, the idea off having a day of fun with friends (many drafts turn it full day drinking and eating events) and talking smack on people for how they draft and playing against them with your team duirng the year, but I don't get the whole I am going to pick up my life and just stop it so I can fly across country to play in a league aspect of it that some people due.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been