Sunday, March 6, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 65 - Decisions, decisions

 

Alright, I have put off blogging long enough for one day. It has been a pretty nice weekend. Of course that means that it started with a trip to DeLuca's on Saturday morning. It was my turn to buy between Sammy and myself and because his birthday was Friday. We had a cake for him at work Friday, Dee took money from the store kitty to pay for it (at least I think she did) and I ran out and got it from a bakery downtown, so Saturday I wanted to make sure I was buying. As it turns out Clare actually decided to join us for a change. She had been talking a good game for a while but then something would come up and she wouldn't go, so it was nice to see that she made it this time and actually got to see what the DeLuca's buzz was all about..


I went and tried something new, and like everything else I have had there it too was awesome. They had a special with cinnamon french toast, eggs and a breakfast meat (I chose kielbasa) and the cinnamon french toast was just amazing. Sammy went with the Belgian waffle, he teased the notion of getting it as a sundae but backed out at the last second, and Clare got the sausage biscuits and gravy with eggs and hash browns. I could have eaten everyone's food it I had a bigger stomach but stuck with my own instead.


I did have to poke my head into work on Saturday, just to place an order and what should have taken maybe an hour or an hour and a half turned into a three hour project because nobody brought anything up from the stockroom after I had left Friday at 3pm. So before I could order anything I had to see what we actually had and wasn't on the floor to be sold. In a way it wasn't too bad, usually I use Saturday as a way to make up if I was late during the week. That wasn't a problem, in fact I ended up with a few extra hours this week, which is fine, I am always willing to make some extra money because I can think of a number of bills I can spend it on.


I bought a couple of lottery tickets before I left the store, no winners so I will be working for a couple more days before I retire. I headed off to my bus stop and when I got there I saw that I just missed a bus that would have taken me back to Oakland. As I looked down 5th Avenue to see if another bus was coming, given how frequently one can catch a bus from Oakland to downtown, I didn't see anything, and because it was drizzling rain I didn't want to stand there reading my book, so I walked around the corner to a little card shop that has a lottery machine in it and bought a couple more tickets. It is the same card shop where I pulled a $500 winner from a few months back, and I hit again, this time for $100. I think I am just going to start buying all of my tickets there, it seems to be the place that I have the most luck. It also basically paid for breakfast earlier and then some (I bought Clare's breakfast as well, though she said she is buying next time) and for a change I didn't spend the rest of Saturday finding ways to waste money, I holed up in my apartment after picking up a couple of things at the Italian store, some cracked black pepper turkey for sandwiches and some meatballs and pasta for something I want to make this coming week, and that was it.


Even today I pretty much stayed in. I ventured out early for some coffee and a danish from the corner store, but then it was back in my cubby hole, where I spent the day alternating between reading, watching hockey and playing on the computer. That was it. I big batch of non excitement as far as my weekend goes.


I did come to a decision though. I had put a question in the blog a few days ago about what I should do regarding the change meter and a bus pass that I had found on March 1st that was good for the entire month. I was hoping I might get a few ideas here or there, but none were forthcoming so I made an executive decision. If I manage to keep the pass for the entire month, which isn't a given because I have lost bus passes in the past, then I am taking credit for full value of the pass on the change meter total. Of course that means there probably will not be any change meter updates for a while, but it could mean the biggest year for the change meter yet, and we are only three months in.


Okay, enough rambling from me, I have things I still need to do tonight, starting with some laundry, so I am calling it quits for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been