Sunday, March 27, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 86 - Sunday, Sunday

    I will not waste a lot of your time today, promise.  I spent most of the day doing, well, nothing.  The big accomplishment was making vegetable beef soup.  That was it.  No big breakfast adventures this weekend, lots of sleeping in instead.  Saturday I slept till 10am, then putzed around the apartment for another hour or so before heading into work.  I had my usual Saturday order to place plus I had the added task of updating all of our dairy prices.  We were sent a new pricing sheet from our dairy distributor, but until Ed gave me a list of where he wanted the prices set everything had been running under the old prices.  Of course he didn't do this while he was in Pittsburgh so he had to fax me the prices from his home in Florida and then I had to have enough time to go and check the prices for everything and change those that needed fixing. 

So I had a little extra work for Saturday, then I got there and saw that the coolers had barely been touched, so what should have been at most a three hour day turned into a 6 hour one, which in a way is good because it almost makes up for the day I took off.  Still it was much longer than I had anticipated and basically meant Saturday was a de facto work day.  So the only day I had off was Sunday and while I had thought about getting up early and maybe making the trek to Pamela's I didn't get out of bed until 8am, and I figured until I got dressed and got there, around 8:30 or so, while I would be able to get a seat, I don't doubt that it would be in the process of filling up and when I am at breakfast solo I like to read and to much noise and traffic isn't conducive for that, so instead I stayed in and got coffee form the corner store and at Tastycakes.  Not exactly the breakfast of champions, but after staying up late to catch some rugby 7s from Hong Kong, coffee wand pastry was just fine with me, it hit the two essential food groups, caffeine and sugar.

Then I made a big batch of my beef veggies soup, just because it is still cold outside.  While it had warmed up a couple of weeks ago, tonight it is once again supposed to be something like 17 degrees, which I am not looking forward to come time for work.  And after a nice warm batch of soup I did what any normal person like myself would do, I napped. 

Now I am just finishing off the day with this blog entry before another nap.  Which is perfectly fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been