Saturday, July 26, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 207 - Fuck me, bend me over and fuck me

      Don't you just love how one phone call can ruin what otherwise would have been a pretty decent day?   For the longest time today had been going pretty good, I had to be at work early, at least early for me on a weekend where usually I get to set my own schedule.  But today our accountant was coming in to do some paperwork, she usually stops by on Mondays and Thursdays but I think she is taking off this Monday because on Friday I was asked to call her and the gist of the conversation was she was coming in on Saturday and wanted to know what time I would be there.  Me being all gentlemanly and stuff asked what time I was needed, I didn't have anything scheduled on Saturday anyway, so being there early or late didn't really matter.  We ended up settling on 8:30am, early but not too early.  Of course my Saturdays always start by paying a visit to the store formerly known as Gus Miller's and picking up an order to be put in on Saturday for Monday morning.

     Well I woke up a little late, 7:30am, so I ended up just throwing some clothes on and rushing out the door.  On my way to get the order I called our accountant and said I might be a little late,  not that I necessarily would be, but I wanted to put that out there just in case.  I stopped for my gas station coffee and then went down the street and picked up the order to be put in and then headed off the to the bus stop, where I actually passed on the first two buses that came by because I was enjoying a cigarette.  Even by waiting I still made it to my store at 8:35am, so I was right, I was a little late. 

     I opened the office and let the accountant do her thing, while I dealt with the lottery machines.  Our new touch screen machine needed ticket paper added, it was the first time I reloaded that so it was a little trickier than what I normally do.  Then I set about doing my things for the day, even as the accountant finished up and left.  I loaded our new Muscle Milk cooler that I moved last week (there was still no product in it, surprise), reloaded the milkshake machine, put out desserts for the deli (the dessert shelf was empty), went through 6 pages of price changes, fixing them in the register system first and then changing the shelf tags up stairs as well or repricing items with the pricing gun, created a new menu screen on the registers for the deli so that sliced lunch meats and cheeses can now be run up by the pound (thanks for the assist Art), pulled more stuff from the basement that needed to go on the floor, put in the order that I picked up earlier in the day as well as generate an invoice for it, and then did two orders for my store, one for Sledd (our main grocery order) and one for GFS, who we use for some odds and ends we carry both on the sales floor and in the deli. 

      By the end of the day I was pretty tired, not sure why, but for the last hour or so of my shift I was just willing my way through it as opposed to actually attacking things with a level of gusto.  I finish up around 3:30pm, grab some things for home and head off to the bus stop.  My bus comes relatively quickly and I am on board and headed home about 4pm, just relaxing and reading some of my book that I am trying to stay focused on (though not always succeeding).  My bus drops me off in Oakland about 15 minutes later and as I am walking home I grab my cell phone out of my back pocket, and there on the screen was a text message from Brett, he wants me to do an order for him for Monday too.  I checked the time on the message and it was 4:09 pm, so it wasn't like I ignored my phone at work, if that were the case then I would feel at least somewhat responsible but it wasn't.   I don't know how many fucking times I have to say that if someone wants an order they need to get it in early.  I really shouldn't have to spend my entire day at work waiting around for stores that we don't even own to place an order. 

     So I am left we a few options, I could go back in either tonight or tomorrow and place an order for him, I could see if what he needs is in our existing inventory on Monday morning (on top of everything else that will be due Monday morning) or I could just ignore him.  And right now ignoring him is not sounding like a bad option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been