Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 190 - Balancing act

     Brian did make it back into the office today, and after looking over all of my work for the last 10 days or so the verdict is, I guess I did okay.  All of the bank accounts balanced properly, though I did admittedly transfer $500 too much to the payroll account but everything else was fine and there was even enough money in the main account to cover all of the checks that I sent out.  Imagine that, we paid our bills.

    The only hiccup of note we had was a check return fee of $12 because someone wrote us a bad check.  That is something that I would have no control over, so I am pretty much blame free on that.  Now I just have to catch up on my paperwork, which I did let get behind but with our accountant off this week I do have a few days to catch up on that and some of the reports Ed likes, like shift breakdowns, that I just didn't have the time to get too last week.  I banged out 5 days worth of those today before I left the office and I have my invoices here at home with me, I am thinking of taking them to the laundrymat tonight when I wash clothes, it will give me something to do besides sit outside and smoke cigarettes and numb my brain with TV while I am there.   Plus, as long as I am doing paperwork, then I can get paid for doing my clothes at the same time.  It is almost like working from home, save for the being at home part.  I just wonder if they will pay me in quarters, because the washers and dryers don't take dollar bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been