Saturday, July 5, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 186 - Days I am happy to not have my job

Not my current job, I still have that, but rather my former job when I was producing talk radio (mostly political), just because you really get to see just how ugly people sometimes are.

I remember being in the booth screening calls both to the run up to and the subsequent wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.  Plenty of times the notion would be floated from the right that it is unpatriotic to criticize the President during a time of war.  Yet I don't recall any one of those people speaking up a couple of weeks ago when the former Vice President Dick Cheney, who was VP when both of those wars started, wrote an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal, criticizing the current President during a time of war.  Not once did I hear anyone criticizing the patriotism of Dick Cheney. 

Today I happened to just get home from work and hopped onto Facebook and a story had pooped up on my newsfeed, that the teenage daughter of Bill Cassidy, a Republican Senate candidate from Louisiana, is pregnant.  Now many of the people on the left who (rightly) criticized those who attacked the President's daughters, arguing that it isn't right to be attacking children of candidates and elected officials are licking their chops simply because it is the child of a Republican and not a Democrat.


These are the types of people that make me sick.  Their hypocrisy literally knows no bounds.  On those opportunities where  they could rise to the occasion and be bigger people they would rather just wallow around in the mud like the hogs they are. 

One of the lessons that I picked up from working with Jerry Bowyer years ago was the idea of teachable moments, where there are select moments in time that can really either guide us or define who we are.  In both of the above instances the only lesson I am learning from these moments is that there are Republicans and Democrats who just fucking suck at being human beings.

1 comment:

  1. Moral: Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been