Sunday, July 6, 2014

Blogger 365 Day 187 - Have a Coke and a smile?

     One of the latest promotions from Coca-Cola consists of putting names on bottles, the label reading "Share a Coke with....."   Anyone who follows me on Facebook knows about this because at work we got a bottle with my name on it and I took a picture of it as it sat on my desk, where it will remain because I just don't like Coke all that much.  I am a Pepsi guy myself, or in a pinch I will drink RC before drinking Coke, so there is no danger of me opening the bottle with my name on it.

     I mention this promotion only because I was having another one of my free days, I was off work so that was nice and I still had my $25 Longhorn gift card from Christmas that I hadn't used as well as one of the two free movie tickets Marlboro cigarettes sent me for my birthday.  Today seemed like a good day to blow off both, so I hopped a bus and went to The Waterfront and had lunch at Longhorn, followed by seeing the new Tom Cruise movie "Edge of Tomorrow".  Maybe tomorrow I will go into reviews on one or both forays, after all I have to save some blogging material for future days don't I?

     What does any of this have to do with the Coke promotion then you may ask?  Well Coca-Cola has the contract for Loews Theatres, so if you buy a beverage there it will be a Coke product.  Apparently as part of the promotion, not only is Coke slapping names on the sides of bottles and 12packs, but they are slapping names on the sides of cups as well.  I say that because after I had picked up my ticket (I got it before going to lunch, then made my way back to the theater for the movie after eating) outside the cinema I saw this thing


Yes, apparently I am supposed to share a Coke with someone named Bilbo.  I don't know about sharing a Coke with him, but I can share an equally awful video with my dear blog readers.  Enjoy....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been