Friday, April 29, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 118 - The days I dread

really aren't all that bad.  I am sitting here with absolutely nothing to say.  that isn't to say I will not say things, this is a blog after all and not a cone of silence, but by the same token, nothing I will say will have any merit.

I managed to really screw up my sleeping schedule this week.  I got to bed late Sunday, then  overslept Monday morning, fell asleep after work Monday and ended up waking up around 11pm and not getting back to sleep, stayed up late again on Wednesday and Thursday and now, I am having episodes where I feel almost like falling asleep as soon as I sit in a chair.  the other day at work as I was finishing up the grocery order, I could actually feel my mind drifting from the task at hand to the point where I was about to go under, then again tonight after work while sitting at my computer that feeling came on again.  I should probably use this weekend to try to rectify that problem, if I can.

But I am sure you aren't all that interested in my sleeping habits, hell I am not even that interested in them, but then again, I really don't know what else to talk about.  Royal weddings bore me, natural disasters are tragic, but unless it is a first person account not really blog worthy, at least to the minimal standards I have set for this page, and my sex life would make for the shortest blog ever. 

And as I expected, bizarro world continues to rotate on its axis.  Donald Trump claims the President isn't born here, then when President Obama produces a birth certificate the moonbats still scream conspiracy (it's fake, it's doctored, etc, etc) and Trump still thinks that other people are stupid.  For long time readers of the blog, you are seeing exactly what I claimed many moons ago play out in front of your eyes.  Conspiracy nuts are all about the narrative, if the facts don't fit that narrative, ignore them or just claim they are not facts, but part of the greater conspiracy.  It is why I said that spending time debating with such people is a pointless task, it is an energy draining task that can't bear any fruit whatsoever because the narrative was set in stone before the debate began.  Do you really think one Birther's mind was changed by the birth certificate?  If so, send me your email address and I will tell you about an inheritance you are about to receive, I just need a small down payment to handle the banking transactions required.   I keep a quote on my Facebook profile for just such occasions "I am not obligated to treat transparent lunacy as though it were worthy of respect simply because it happens to be popular. I am not obligated to be that nice a person."  So to all of the people out there still peddling in this nonsense, go fuck yourselves.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been