Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 109 - TITIT #10 Corsi-can'ts

Long time readers to the blog know of my dislike for one Jerome Corsi. He is the moron who has peddled in such stupidity as the Swift Boat campaign used against John Kerry and the North American Union nonsense (and just where are the defenders of that inanity these days?) so it should come as no surprise that he is once again out there doing what he does best, that being glomming onto an issue and running with it, no matter how completely wrong he is, facts be damned. This time he is pitching a book on the whole Obama/Birther issue. Rather than get into the specifics of the book, which I will not waste one iota of time reading, let me just say that Oprah Winfrey has a better chance of being a lingerie model than Corsi does of actually getting something right.

I have a confession to make, I think female ice hockey players are way hot!!!!! And consistently so, not just there is a hot one here or there. Sure there are beach volleyball players (who are also hot) and softball players (some are hot, the ugly ones usually play first base or catcher) and basketball (where most are not) but for my money when it comes to sports, consistent hotness goes to hockey chicks. And don't get me started on figure skating, it isn't a sport. We have had that argument before. Anything involving a judge's interpretation for scoring isn't a sport. A physical skill perhaps, but not a sport.

Free stuff is still the best stuff. Coke is offering free college T shirts this month in their mycokerewards program. All you need to do is first enter the code ncaatshirt on the webpage, then 6 caps from 20oz bottles of Coca Cola products and taa daa, you get a free NCAA T shirt. You don't lose any points, you just get a free t shirt. I have cashed out twice so far (the contest ends on April 30th) and have the caps laying around here for at least one more shirt.

Why are there no episodes of "Cheaters" where the person who is asking for assistance is in fact proven wrong and no cheating is taking place? Not that I have anything against the trailer park like drama that unfolds on a typical episode, but where is the episode where the suspicious person is wrong about their concerns?

For pure sports drama, I am not sure there is anything more compelling than a Stanley Cup playoff game in overtime. While I have been around to see three Stanley Cup winners in Pittsburgh, possible the best game I had ever had a chance to witness would be the Penguins - Capitals game in 1996, which went an entire game and almost four complete overtimes before the winning goal was scored. I remember the game starting around 7pm that night and when I got off my shift a little after midnight it was still going on. I say that because as I type, game 4 of the Pittsburgh - Tampa Bay series is going on and again we are in overtime. I hope I will not be up until 1am waiting to find out who won.

So the color coded Terror Alert system, which I mocked in the past as being all but useless is being replaced because it was too confusing and in it's place will be a two tiered system with statuses of "elevated" and "imminent" and all kinds of maps and stuff. The fact that this reeks of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic isn't lost on me, but I am wondering if we are going to have "terrormen" standing in front of the maps with their kazillion watt mega doppler pinpoint accuracy terror radar so that you the viewer can see the terror threat as it approaches your neighborhood.  Or as Julie Bologna might say, it is not just terror, it is hyper terror.

One overtime down and we are still not done. Damn I love overtime playoff hockey, so I am going to stop now and focus my attention elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been