Sunday, April 17, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 106 - Off switch

You'll have to excuse me if I get pulled from teh computer from time to time here.  I am in the process of making dinner, compliments of my trip to breakfast this morning.  Amy and I went to Deluca's again, she opted for the cinnamon french toast, I went to the special board and got the eggs and peirogis.   Everything was awesome, the conversation, the food, all of it.  Afterward we did walk around the Strip District for a bit, poking our heads into different stores.  First we went to Fudie Wudgie, a gourmet chocolate shop.  I didn't see anything I wanted, at l;east within my price range, but she did pick up a few mimi chocolate eggs for her husband.  Then we went to Market Outlet, which is kind of a discount grocery store.  basically everything they have is either near or past the sell by date.  Not that the product is spoiled, that would violate state law to knowingly sell spoiled product, but much of the canned stuff is technically still good enough to eat, so places like this will buy it a huge discount from the wendor, who just wants rid of it, then they resell it at really low prices.  Like a 24 pack of 20oz RC Cola bottle, which if I were to buy at cost from our vendor at work would cost me $12 out of pocket, yet Market Outlet sells it for $5.99.  We just did a quick peek in, didn't buy anything.  Next we ended up going to Pennsylvania Macaroni, where I got the stuff for the dinner I am currently eating (I finished cooking)) and Amy picked up some stuff to make as well.  Plus she bought this gallon bottle of extra virgin olive oil, which they have in these huge barrels and you can pour your own into a glass bottle for $11.99, which is a steal for that amount of EVOO.  While i would never need that much of the stuff, she has 5 people living at her house and they like using it as part of a salad dressing, so it will most likely get used.  I picked up some meatballs and some angel hair pasta and a mini loaf of asiago ciabatta bread, which I have now turned into toasted garlic asiago ciabatta bread.  It might be one of my best ideas of the year. 

After that I walked Amy back to her car, ran into the bookstore and bought two new books to read and then went to work.  That's right, I ended up showing up at work again today.  Ed left on Thursday morning for West Virginia, Sledd was doing a product show which they do every year, and Ed went down for the two day event, which usually means he bought a bunch of stuff that we will be now be showing up at random times for the next 6 months.  Well shortly after Ed left on Thursday a small cooler arrived at the store. Just a floor unit that I had cleared with Brian a few weeks ago before Ed had gotten back from Florida.  So I set it up and plugged it in to make sure it worked, I haven't even bought product for it yet, and had in on the floor, figuring when Ed got back he might want me to move it.  If only it were that simple, Ed gets back from West Virginia Saturday evening and the first thing he does is go to the store.  He sees the cooler and starts getting all pissed off, where did it come from, who authorized it, blah, blah, blah.   So last night around 10pm, shortly after I got off the phone with my mom, Dee calls me because Ed called her complaining.  I told her that I cleared everything with Brian before I did it, I wouldn't go out and just start throwing coolers in the store all will nilly.  Then I asked a question about the register system, we had a issue running coupons and she told me of a possible fix to it, so that is what I was doing today, fixing the register system.  Plus I had a couple of things I could drop off, but here it is, another day off and I am at work.  The good news is when I left the coupon problem seemed to be resolved.  The bad news is I can expect another lecture come Monday morning.

So for tonight I feast, for tomorrow I might die, or at least get my ass chewed out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been