Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fark this

Yeah, it has been a while for this type of blog entry as well.  It has been like old folks home around here, a walking tour a couple of weeks ago and now this.  For those not in the know, Fark is one of my favorite sites for news/non news and part of what makes it so fun is that submissions are done entirely by Fark readers, or Farkers to use a better term.  Plus they rewrite the headlines in a much funnier manner.  Me, I just pull the ten funniest headlines I see on a given day (today) and run with it.  For the record, since this is a stolen content type of blog, it does not count toward the 365 project, meaning that I will be back later today.  Just to give you a fair warning.

Ted Bundy was from the Planet of the Apes, Jack the Ripper was the Elephant Man, and no black or asian dude looks like what you think he does. Your police sketch vs. actual picture of perp roundup

Everything You Wanted To Know About Fantasy Mutant Sperm But Were Afraid To Ask

While high and watching an episode of "The Jeffersons" with a friend, he came to the realization he was Jesus

Sick man receives restaurant bill while being loaded into ambulance. Now THAT'S service

"He spent the found money at Chipotle and on helium balloons. 'I remember because I earmarked it for non-essentials'" 

Inventor of the teleprompter dies. President Obama said to be at a "loss for words"

New document reveals that Chicago was selected as a "major terrorist target," but was abandoned for the summer because terrorists couldn't top the Cubs' horrific endeavors 

Showering every day, rinsing after brushing teeth could be bad for your health. Residents of France, West Virginia now expected to live forever

Plans to build new UFO museum are currently in cryo-sleep due to budget, paperwork error, inability to convince patrons that the anal probe was necessary

Much like your Mom, Greece is turning out to be a deeper and darker hole than anticipated. 'Obvious' tag explodes, leaving no trace but a tattered, smoldering pair of granny panties

5 comments:

  1. Lolololol granny panties, yer a trip. You are far too lively for these dusty spider webbed halls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I didn't write these headline, the submitters did. I just know talent when I see it. All of the stories also come with a tag, which I lack the technical skill to bring over here. The stories are labeled such as "Obvious", "Sick", "Hero", "Stupid", "Interesting" or sadly for the people of one state, "Florida".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are links. I hadn't noticed :D. Wow, where am I? My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I am not too tech savvy, which is why I use Multiply for blogging, I have figured out a decent number of the bells and whistles here without hurting my head too much. But I have mastered the fine art of adding links into a blog, without all of the crazy website address info added into the text.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I enjoy the tinkering with the codes and love learning new tricks but other days it becomes a cumbersome chore. This summer I am focusing my energies on a myriad of creative tutorials and hopefully I will gain some skills that are going to compliment my immediate plans for the future, not just tinkering for the sake of tinkering. I haven't blogged much this past year and left Twitter, but by doing so I learned a lot of skills by focusing on tutorials on the Youtubage. I love to learn. I think I may be turning into a geekess in my older age. Now, all I have to do is apply what I've learned, that's going to be the biggest challenge for me. I have extreme shyness in some ways, but then in others, I'm as bold as brass. I think I need some Chi, some balance lol!

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been