Saturday, April 16, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 105 - Fireside chats

T minus 10 hours and counting till Deluca's.  Yes I am excited already.  I tend to get that way about Deluca's in case you hadn't guessed, and getting to have breakfast with family is always a plus.  So my aunt and I will venture forth to the fine Strip District.  I have some other things I want to get while I am there, namely some new reading material since I finished another book the other nite and am now bookless.  I figure I can hit the cheapie store and get a couple reads while I continue to rebuild my Amazon account.  I added another $5 gift card the other day and have another pending from Swagbucks, so right now I have $31 in the Amazon bank with $5 more coming.  But I don't want to spend that money just yet, I'd rather wait and build up the account a little bit more, since I spend at least $25 every time I order there.

Sorry Lee, but if you would have seen the hit the other night in the Pens - Lightning game one then there is no way you could call ice hockey "nancyball".  For those that didn't see it, which I imagine is the majority of you, Tampa's Martin St Louis caught a stick squarely in the face.  It was an accidental stick, there was no intent and St Louis face was not targeted, but nonetheless the stick caught him right in the mouth and with enough force that it knocked out two teeth.  Despite that, St Louis continued to play and after the game had two root canals done where the teeth used to be and come game two St Louis was again on the ice and playing.  Just another reason why hockey players rock compared to other sports. 

As for the Pens-Lightning series after two games, what can I say?  The teams are tied at one game a piece, and I still have no idea if the Pens will get out of the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.  The emotional, homer side of me says yes, the realistic side of me says that Tampa is just too talented.  If the Pens had all of their players then I would give the Pens an edge, and maybe a huge one, but with their two best players out in Malkin and Crosby I just don't see it happening this year.  Don't get me wrong, I will still cheer for all it is worth, but I am not blind to the fact that Tampa Bay is a pretty good squad as well.

I did get a chance to talk to my mom on the phone tonight, which is why I am blogging as late as I am and is such a haphazard manner.  I hadn't talked to her in a while, maybe too long of a while, but usually we talk for maybe 30 minutes, which is short for me.  Yes, I talk almost exactly like I blog, once I get started it is hard to shut me up, so the fact we hadn't talked in a while meant that we were on the phone for well over an hour.  And truth be told I am not sure we talked about anything important, but when has that ever stopped me before?  The topic that I dread, my grandmother's estate, did come up again.  I guess the kids got their first check from the great divvying that is taking place, $8000 is the number I was told, and my mom was telling me that she was going to give me some of it, so again I had to say that I really didn't want it.  I wasn't part of the will and the less I have to do with how it all pans out the happier I will be.  Not that I couldn't use money, hell it is on my Christmas every year, but this isn't the way I want to go about getting it.  I would rather be poor, thank you very much.  I am getting so good at being poor that I might soon be able to shake my amateur status and start being paid as a professional.

Speaking of being paid, I am not getting paid by the word here so I will stop and call it a night.  After all, I need to get to bed at a decent hour if I am going to make it to breakfast in the morn.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been