Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 5 - Your turn

The first four days I have made an effort in putting this project together of investing a decent amount of typing into what I wanted to say.  Not that much of it was thought out before hand, in general I just come up with an idea and then let ye olde stream of consciousness take over.  Some times it works, some times not so much, but rarely to I spend hours mulling over what I will say, I might spend time on the topic, but not the content. 

This time though, the idea resulted in you making a larger time commitment that me in order to completely take in all the blog has to offer.  I had an idea, and after checking out Youtube, it came to this.  I often talk about places I eat on here, and low and behold, it turns out a couple of them were featured on Man Vs Food when they made their trip to Pittsburgh.  Now I have in the past been critical of that show, because I just don't see the long term entertainment value in a show that consist of a man cramming his face full of food.  That being said, it does give you the chance to see a couple of my local haunts, Primanti's and DeLuca's, that I have mentioned on more than one occasion here.  So if you ever wanted to see what a Primanti's sandwich looked like, or how yummy a hotcake sundae or a mixed grill from DeLuca's might appear, here is your chance.


2 comments:

  1. found this just before I ate my lunch - gain a pound

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of the three places visited on the show, I rarely go to Quaker Steak and Lube. I just tend to prefer whole wings, and the idea of eating food that is painful to digest strikes me as wrong, I tend to enjoy food rather than treat it as punishment. Now the other two places, Primanti's and DeLuca's, I have been to plenty of times and much of what they had on the show are my own personal favorites. The cap and egg sandwich at Primanti's is my favorite one there, they have plenty of others and most are good (though their steak sandwich is more like a burger than a typical steak) and I had my first mixed grill at DeLuca's just a couple of weeks ago. The thing I like best is that they offer more than just the ham, bacon or sausage offerings for breakfast meats, you can also get chorizo, kielbassa and ground beef patties to name a few others. I am still trying to attack all of their breakast offerings, I still haven't had the crepes or the breakfast burritos yet, but when everything is so good it becomes hard to pick just one thing.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been