Thursday, January 20, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 20 - Going all kind of Jack Handy

On my way to work this morning I was thinking about the blog. Not what I should put into it next, but the whole thing I have started and whether or not it is a good idea. I'll admit it is really early in the year to be second guessing myself, but it does occupy time while on the bus.


So I am thinking that to a certain extent I like what I am doing, I am not in love with it by any stretch of the imagination, but there are very few things that I am in love with. And there certainly are days where I feel more like I am mailing it in than actually writing anything of substance. I guess that is part of the challenge when one grinds out an entry a day. Sure there are others that do it, and hats off to them, but for me I just can't conjure up that creativity at the drop of a hat, so I end up blogging more like a baseball player in a hitting slump, just hoping something drops in on the page that breaks up a hitless streak.


Sure it would be nice if creative genius and opportunity were to coincide, but usually any really good ideas I have to blog about happen when I am not near a computer, likewise when I have time to sit down I am most likely at the back end of a long day where my mind has punched out a couple of hours ago, even if the body is still working..


Like today for instance, I am sure I had seen or heard things that would have made a great launching point for a blog entry, but truck three deliveries, two placed orders, bunches of paperwork and filling in for a call off on register later and my goals went from being clever to making sure I got my phone bill paid and food in my belly. Still if I am ever going to get any better at this I guess I have to just keep doing it. Not that I am sure what would be considered a success. After all if 365 days later I still suck, then that isn't good, nor is it good if I am just counting down the days till this project runs its course or until I tire of it completely and just go back to my former status quo. Maybe the best thing I can think of happening is that after 365 straight days of this would be that I just continue on with day 366, not because I have to but because I want to. For now though, I think I am still in the have to phase.

1 comment:

  1. Usually I don't get too stuck, I have a couple of different ideas for which direction I would like to go with my next entry, now it is just a matter of cursor to keyboard. And there are a few different sites I like to check out from time to time if my mind is stuck, Fark, Deadspin, and Mondesis House come to mind right away, and I can always head over to That's Church if I want something more local (though Mondesis House is pretty local for me as well.).

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been