Saturday, January 1, 2011

Multiply 365 - Day 1 The explanation

I am not sure what is going to come of this project of mine.  I have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks now, not that I was thinking of any particular gimmick, save for blogging a lot more than I currently do.  The plan is that over the next 365 days I will be adding one new entry to the blog.  I guess I just felt that I have been somewhat neglectful when it came to my blog for the past year and by the time I actually sat down to write many ideas for what I wanted to cover had come and gone.  My blogging discipline if you will, was quite lacking.  Not only in posting new, or original material but in my style of writing as well.  Like muscle memory, it just felt like, by not writing my skills were diminishing.  Hopefully if I can keep this up for longer than a day I may find that muse that has been missing for so long.   Or maybe in a couple of weeks I will be all like "fuck that" when it comes to adding to the page and this project will go by the way side like so many other projects have.  But for now here is what you need to know, I am going to attempt to blog every day for the calendar year.  This does not include any extra stuff (Asshat, Stolen Content, Hockey videos, Karaoke Friday) but actual new material by me.  What those entries will consist of is anyone's guess, perhaps a theme will evolve over time, maybe it will just be idle ramblings, I have no idea.   But I do know that I have reached a point where I have to decide if I am a blogger or not, if so then I need to blog, if not then I need to recognize that as well and move on to other things and the only way I am going to get an answer to that question is to just do it.

4 comments:

  1. I like long term projects; till I get bored with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping I last longer than a week with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with the project, if you happen to find my muse along the way would you please kick it's arse and send it home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figure I had tried waiting for something to come to me only to be disappointed too many times, so now I am trying a different approach, that being forcing myself to write to see if it doesn't get better with practice and if I can't spark my creativity a little by putting it on a deadline. Chances are it won't, but it can't hurt to try.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been