Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 11 - Stuff

Today is one of those days where I can honestly say there isn't much to blog about.  Maybe that is a good thing, as I would rather be bored some days than have the events of the day dictate just what it is I will be putting on the page.  Instead, on a day like this, I can catch up on some things that I have left a little unattended recently.

Like the change meter for instance, which did not reach $200 by the end of the year.  Heck it still hasn't gotten there, with me only able to add .48 since my last entry, leaving the total at $193.63.

I have gotten some more free stuff online in the last couple of days, first being another $5 Amazon gift card.  With it and my refund on my pre-Christmas purchase that was never delivered on time, I got my Amazon account over $60, which is good because I am out of reading material to bury my nose in.  So I hopped on there this evening and bought myself three books.  Maybe I will get about another Neverending Thread sometime soon.  I actually have a desire to do some reading, by bus rides to and from work are sucking with nothing to do but sit there looking at other passengers.  

I also picked up a couple of pint glasses from Marlboro, I had a few points to burn off from their last contest and the glasses (and another pack of Marlboro coupons) fit into my remaining point budget.  It was the same contest where I picked up my new darts.  I was stuck in that limbo where I wasn't going to get enough points for the biggest prizes, like the notebook computer or the 10 speed bike, but was going to have enough to get something, so I opted for two lesser prizes that I wouldn't have bought for myself otherwise.  Darts are nice, but not a necessity.  Same for pint glasses.  But I will make use of both of them.  

I am still waiting on my prize from Scratchix on Facebook.  I won a $30 Amazon gift cards months ago, but I am starting to think I will never see that prize.  The application has been awful in paying people for months.  I would like to say I am the only one, but there are plenty of people on my friend's list that are waiting on prizes as well, everything from gifts cards to Wiis.  I am almost tempted to check with the Better Business Bureau to see if any complaints have been filed with the people that run the app, but the company is based out of Malta, so even if their were complaints I am not sure what good they would do.

"Fat Camp" is on TV right now.  One would think that would be motivation to write something witty, but I can't even come up with good fat jokes.  I guess the idea of finding humor in this show has just jumped the shark for me.  Not that all of the TV I have been watching is bad.  I did sit through the first couple of episodes of "The Cape" the other night, and it was better than okay, if not great.  It could be better, but it could be a lot worse.  And I tried to make it through an episode of American Experience on PBS the other night, it was the story fo Ulysses S Grant, but it started late (1am) and I had to be up for work in the morning, so I ended up falling asleep just before the Battle of Vicksburg.  I was tempted to look for it online and finish watching it, and I may still if I can't find something on TV pretty soon.  

Well, rather than bore you further I think I will call this a blog.  I still have a couple of other things I need to do, like putz around with some online message boards I frequent and what not.  And who knows, by the time I blog again we may have 6 or more inches of snow.  Yay us.

2 comments:

  1. yeah - some times I get a good blogging idea but a current event that fits one of my niches pops up and I have to change my blogging program

    In my work we have a saying "boring is good"

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was working in radio it was just the opposite. Not that you necessarily root for tragedy, but it made doing a show much easier. I can't count the number of times after a show I just wanted to come home and take a bath because of all the yuckiness that entails.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been