Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Your 2012 Argonauts



     It’s a final.  As I stated in one of yesterday’s entries, the fantasy football draft was last night for the Uncle Jimmy’s league, and I am not sure what I can say about it.  I can’t say I left the draft in love with my team, but I don’t think it is god-awful either.  I had the dubious distinction of being 12th, out of 12 teams.  I don’t want to make that sound all bad, unlike drafts in regular sports leagues, fantasy drafts are different in that the draft snakes, every other round you reverse the drafting order.  So while I would pick dead last in round 1, I would pick 1st in the second round.  In essence I would get back to back picks, I would just have a lot of time (and a lot of players leaving the draft board) between my back to back selections.
      As for what I ended up putting together, well, it looks something like this;
Argonauts
1.
(12)
Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
2.
(13)
DeMarco Murray (Dal - RB)
3.
(36)
Wes Welker (NE - WR)
4.
(37)
Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)
5.
(60)
Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
6.
(61)
Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
7.
(84)
Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)
8.
(85)
Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
9.
(108)
Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
10.
(109)
Pierre Thomas (NO - RB)
11.
(132)
Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
12.
(133)
Santana Moss (Was - WR)
13.
(156)
Cincinnati (Cin - DEF)
14.
(157)
Matt Bryant (Atl - K)
15.
(180)
Steve Breaston (KC - WR)




     What I probably like most out of that bunch is the wide receiver trio of Fitzgerald, Welker and Walllace, what I don’t like is the depth at wide receiver and I am pretty nervous about pinning my hopes on the rushing ability of DeMarco Murray.  But that is what the finished product looks like.  Of course after the draft I was asked once again if I would like to be treasurer of the league, because we are playing for cash this year ($50 entry fee) and I have handled that role in the past (including last year).  Don’t really want to do that job, but I know I will end up doing it anyway, just because if I don’t then it leaves the league scrambling at the last minute to find one.  Oh well, far worse fates have befallen far better men.
    Anyway, that is what the team looks like, feel free to cheer them on, or root against them if you like, I am sure I will be posting updates throughout the season to let you know how I am doing, if I have a shot at winning money or if my entry fee is just a donation to someone else’s wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been