Thursday, September 13, 2012

One week in

     Sorry I haven't posted much recently.  Well technically I guess I have, but that is because I have been transferring stuff over from the old page to the new one.  So I guess for those that are going through what I went through on Multiply I should give you a little list of things to expect from using the export tools to bring your content from there to here.


     First, the export tool only seems to work on actual blog entries.  On the positive side, it brings everything from those entries, including comments, so nothing from your entry is lost in translation.  On the minus side, photos do not work for obvious reasons, Blogger doesn't have photo albums. so there is no way to transfer them from a Multiply album to a non existent Blogger album.  Videos are a little more problematic.  What tends to happen is that if a video is embedded in a blog entry, then the video will make it through the export process intact.  If however, you uploaded the video to the Multiply site, then when it is clicked on on Blogger, it will link back to the old Multiply entry.  And as we know, that page will only be there till at best Dec 1st, so those links are not permanent.

     Not that I am an expert on this whole exporting process, but that is what I have seen to be the case since I exported my stuff from Multiply over here to Blogger.  Also I should note that after you bring your old blog over here, it will not immediately end up on your page, it will end up in your list of posts on the dashboard and it will be labeled as "imported".  To get those onto your actual Blogger blog you will have to publish them, but once you do, they will fit into your existing blogs here in chronological order, so a blog from 2007 will not pop to the top of your page simply because you just published it, it will fall back into place on your calendar here as having been written in 2007.

     So while I haven't been writing as much recently, as you can see, I have been working on my page nonetheless.  Not that I expect everyone to go back and read everything I wrote years ago, but I still want everything under one roof.

     When I haven't been tinkering with the page I have been getting underway with the NFL season for a couple of reasons, one being my fantasy football team, which kicked off the 2012 campaign with a 81-79 win so I will start the year 1-0.  And I have in fact been named the treasurer of the league this year for those that want to play for cash.  Of the 12 members in our league, it looks like 10 are willing to play for money, and at $50 a pop that means the till will be $500, which will be split between the top two teams at the end of the year, $350 for 1st place, $150 for 2nd.

     I was also roped into my boss's pick 'em challenge again this year.  This doesn't cost me any money, he actually pays to be in it, but them he hands me his sheet every week and tells me to pick the games for him.  We got off to an okay start, 10-6 on last weekend's games, amazingly that record was good enough to be tied for first place.  Lats year he had me pick games for him, we were in the running until the last couple of weeks of the season before we were forced to pick upsets in order to catch the one or two players ahead of us.

     Lastly I should add to my change meter total, I usually update it once a month or so and since the last time I mentioned it on this page was in fact last month, I can say that since then another .93 gets added to the running total and the current dollar amount stands at $338.81.

     Okay, enough blathering for one evening.  Besides, I need to get about the business of finding tomorrow's Karaoke Friday entry.  Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been