Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Three things



     I guess if anyone has been paying attention to anything that I have written here recently, then you know that Tuesday marks an entire year that I have been involved in an online relationship.  If anyone would have asked me a couple of years ago if I would ever be involved in any type of relationship, let alone one that has been tethered to the internet for the most part, I would have no doubt said absolutely not.  Thankfully that was two years ago and all things are subject to change, because even with its ups and downs, the last year has been a blessing beyond measure and only makes me look forward to years 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.

     I have never been a fan of the wild card in Major League Baseball, under the simple notion that baseball was the last sport to only recognize division winners in its post season, but what I would like and what generates revenue are two different things, so baseball a while back added one wild card team to each leagues set of playoff participants.  This year saw the addition of one more wild card team from each league to the post season, and as we have more participants entering post season play, we are also seeing the watering down of the regular season.   In the National League, with just a couple of weeks remaining in the season, and a .500 record, as is the case with Philadelphia (74-74) is only 4 games out of a playoff spot.  Even Miami (66-83) isn’t officially eliminated yet.  The idea that winning  pennant (division title) is no more important than finishing .500 is just proof of how diluted and uninteresting the baseball regular season has become.
     Much has been made of the recently released video  of Mitt Romney at a fundraiser and the comments he made there, such as the fact that 47% of Americans rely on the federal government for some type of assistance and will vote for the current President no matter what.  The thing is, the comment was made at a private fundraiser, the goal of Mitt Romney there is to get people in attendance to part with their money and give it to his campaign.  It is no different than when Barack Obama made the comment about people clinging to guns and religion, it was said in order to get money into the campaign coffers from those in attendance.  So excuse me if I do not get all fired up about what he said, it just isn’t that big a deal to me.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been one year already. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't go congratulating me just yet.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been