Friday, September 28, 2012

Mirror balls

It’s Friday, which means at some point soon I will have to go about adding a video to the page. I already know what video it will be, Karaoke Friday is indeed all but locked and loaded on this end of things, it is just to the manual labor of it before it is actually complete. That bit of labor though, will have to wait, since I am not at home, nor an internet connection, which means only one thing, that is I am once again back at the Squirrel Cage, readying myself for a dinner of a Cajun chicken sandwich and French fries. What can I say, I am nothing if not predictable.


If you were to hold a mirror up to my life this last week or so, you would get two different reflections, one where everything is a true picture of just how things should be and one that is more a fun house mirror distortion, where you recognize the parts of the picture, but everything is off kilter and distorted. The trick is, I can’t really tell which is which. Is the good the true reflection, or is the bad? Because there have definitely been elements of both.

Yay, my sandwich has arrived already. That much I know to be true, which is good. The simple pleasures of life are truly the best ones. But as far as the rest of life goes, I guess the best way to put it is that I have made some decisions in the last week or so, both personally and professionally, that in my heart I believe to be the right ones. But just because I believe them to be the right ones does not mean that they will not have repercussions long term than may not be to my benefit. See, I am not one of those people that is very good at being cordial, I do not suffer fools gladly, nor do I keep my mouth shut just to keep the peace, instead I tend to surround myself with people that I believe are good for me, and cut loose those which bring little of merit to the table. Not to beat a dead horse, but one of the best things about Multiply closing was I got to rid myself of many such characters, and now that that break has been made I have little desire to be all Peabody and Sherman and revisit those moments in the Wayback Machine. Likewise there are some people that I have had to deal with at work that are more trouble than they are worth, and I have made it abundantly clear to management that I have no desire to deal with those people any longer, even if the result is I end up with more work to do as a result.

Vocalizing my feelings about such people does have it’s disadvantages though, my complaining which can be viewed by some as chronic, can lead some people to ask themselves whether or not I am more trouble than I am worth, but it is not in my DNA to sacrifice my standards just to “go along to get along” as it were, because there is no long term happiness in adopting that lifestyle. For me, it just ends up in a lot of pent up frustration that ultimately results in me blowing my top in spectacular fashion, and that is a place that I just would rather not reside. The peace I seek is one where the people that I associate with are ones that I respect, or admire, or even love. The rest can go pound salt to be perfectly honest.

That is one of my character flaws, I am honest, sometimes brutally so. I may end up being wrong in my opinion, but it is never about being 100% correct so much as it is being true to myself. Okay, I have finished my sandwich, as well as two iced teas and two cigarettes and I really don’t know if anything I have written makes a lick of sense to anyone but me, but that is okay. Secret decoder rings will be made available for those that didn’t follow along. For now though, I think it is time for me to bounce, so I am outtie, like a belly button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been