Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Omega and the Alpha

What is the old phrase, “it was the best of times, it was the worst of times”?  I don’t know, I am not getting that vibe these days, for me it is more just a case of lasts and firsts, the last time I will do some things here and the first time I will do some things on my new page.  Honestly I think I am feeling better about the firsts than I am sad about the lasts.
     I have already started importing my gadgets to the new page, the globe is up, the bookshelf is up, the tracker is up, I have gotten the introductory stuff out of the way with a couple of initial posts, relearning how to post videos and pictures and learning about new layouts and page designs and what not and doing a brief introduction of who I am.
     But I still have a couple of lasts here to take care of as well, like my last change meter post, where I get to add another $3.38 to my total, bringing it up to $336.65.  That seems like a nice round number to start with on the new page.
     I am also doing some last personal messages around here, just the goodbyes and what not.  But I think I am just starting to get that motivation to write again, and maybe the new page has something to do with it, or maybe it is just the thought of being in front of a brand new audience where some of my material isn’t as old hat as it is here.  As NBC says when airing reruns, if you haven’t seen it, it’s new to you.  Whatever the reason, I just feel the inner urgings of busting out of my shell and letting forth with words, both petty and profound.
     For those that are remaining here until the last little bit of life has been sucked out of Multiply, I will leave you with the same words I left my former coworker Greg when I was laid off from the radio station a few years back, “Be sure to turn out the lights when you are done.”

1 comment:

  1. It just so happens that I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been