Friday, August 17, 2012

Karaoke Friday - Showing my age

I honestly came into this with absolutely no idea of what video I would grab.  On one hand, there are quite a few from back in the day that technically I could repeat, after all this is a brand new blog page after all, and even some of the old ones were swallowed up when Myspace bought Imeem and pretty ruined a boatload of Karaoke Friday posts, not to mention some radio podcasts I will never get back, (thanks for that). 

So there is literally tons of material I could pull from, songs I like, songs that annoy people, all of it really.  Instead I will go with something I haven't used before, and something that doesn't annoy (at least me), but instead gives a glimmer into the types of things I like as a kid, so many, many moons ago.  As always, feel free to sing along, even if you are in the shower.  I know it is where I do my best singing.



I'm alone Sitting with my empty glass My 4 walls Follow me through my past
I was on a Paris train I emerged in London rain And you were waiting there Swimming through apologies
I remember searching for the perfect words I was hoping you might change your mind I remember a soldier sleeping next to me Riding on the Metro
You wore white Smiling as you took my hand So removed We spoke of wintertime in France
Minutes passed with shallow words Years have passed and still the hurt I can see you now Smiling as I pulled away
I remember the letter wrinkled in my hand "I'll love you always" filled my eyes I remember a night we walked along the Seine Riding on the Metro
I remember a feeling coming over me The soldier turned, looked away I remember hating you for loving me Riding on the Metro
I'm alone Sitting with my broken glass My 4 walls Follow me through my past
I was on a Paris train I emerged in London rain And you were waiting there Swimming through apologies sorry
I remember searching for the perfect words I was hoping you might change your mind I remember a soldier sleeping next to me Riding on the Metro


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been