Friday, August 24, 2012

The Neverending Thread saga

Okay, this is one of those blog entries that is coming over from the Multiply page, though it is and always will be a work in progress.  What the Neverending thread is is a list of books that I have read, updated after I have read them.  It is something I have been doing since 2008, and with the books (many if not all can be found on Shelfari to the right) I usually attach a link to a site where the book can be found (usually Amazon) for anyone who would like to get more infor mation about the book, because honestly I am not one who is big into doing book or movie reviews.  I recognize that there are far more skilled people in said professions than myself, so I let them to the heavy lifting.

When I did this idea originally, I did a specific blog entry for each year that I kept track of books, I will not do that here, rather I will just add to the blog entry as needed, so there will be only one entry to bookmark for those who are foolish enough to do so.

Anyway, I guess I could get this started with my 2008 entries and bring it current, though I am reading two different books now, so it will probably be updated a couple more times before this year is out.

2008
"Mr. Adam's Last Crusade:  John Quincy Adams Extraordinary Post Presidential Life in Congress"

"Blaze"

"I Am America (And So Can You)"

"The Venetian Betrayal"

"Basic Brown"

"The Quickie"

"Windy City: A Novel of Politics"

"Friends of Liberty: A Tale of Three Patriots, Two Revolutions, and the Betrayal that Divided a Nation: Thomas Jefferson, Thaddeus Kosciuszko, and Agrippa Hull"

"Pastime" 

"Racial Paranoia: The Unintended Consequences of Political Correctness"

"Next"

"If By Sea: The Forging of the American Navy -From the Revolution to the War of 1812"

"The Brethren" 

"The Big Bamboo"

"Orange Crush"

"Playmates"

"Florida Straits"

"Behind Hitler's Lines: The True Story of the Only Soldier to Fight for both America and the Soviet Union in World War II"

"Cold Day in Hell: A Novel of Suspense"

"Hosts"

"Double Deuce"

"Thin Air"

"Cross"

"Rome 1960: The Olympics That Changed the World"

"How to Rig an Election: Confessions of a Republican Operative"

"The Chief"

"Cold Service"

"McNally's Risk"

"A Hard Day's Death"

"Hammerhead Ranch Motel"

"Death: A Life"

"The Urban Hermit: A Memoir"

"McNally's Gamble"

"McNally's Trial"

"Mortal Stakes"

"Back Story"

2009

"A Matter of Justice"

"Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip - Confessions of a Cynical Waiter"

"Why We Suck: A Feel Good Guide to Staying Fat, Loud, Lazy and Stupid"

 "A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex"

"Boomsday"

"Terminal"

"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"
  
"Stick to Drawing Comics, Monkey Brain!: Cartoonist Explains Cloning, Blouse Monsters, Voting Machines, Romance, Monkey Gods, How to Avoid Being Mistaken for a Rodent, and More"

"Down Here: A Burke Novel"

"Tales from Q School: Inside Golf's Fifth Major"
  
"The Big Sort: Why the Clustering of Like-Minded America Is Tearing Us Apart"

"The Stone Monkey" 

"Stone Cold"

"McNally's Dare"

"The Battle for America 2008: The Story of an Extraordinary Election"

"Hurricane Punch"

"Haiku"

"Shark River"

"Rough Weather"

"McNally's Dilemma"

2010






No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been