Friday, August 10, 2012

Karaoke Friday - Almost an import

I dropped some inquiries earlier today, looking at possibly importing all of my stuff from my old page to this one, though as of yet I haven't heard anything, but it is still very early.  I just have no desire to copy and paste what would amount to years worth of material simply to Blogger, one entry at a time.  Sure it could be done, but it would be a most tedious process.

One thing that will come over here from there though is a blog feature I like to run, called Karaoke Friday.  Simply put, I find a video on Youtube (or elsewhere), usually a song that I like, and the I bring it on to the page, as well as the song lyrics so you can sing along.

Tonight we go with "Disappear" by Motion City Soundtrack, because I have been on a MCS kick of late, only made moreso by the knowledge that they will be in Pittsburgh (technically Millvale, at Mr. Small's) in November.  I would like to go, but we will see just what happens when the time comes. 

Honestly I am not sure what the lyrics are supposed to mean, but they do seem to fit the video.  I should probably research that at some point.  Anyway, on with the festivities....



To the deep end, to the heart line 
Hold it straight together, man, hold it straight together if you can 
Little fevers wrapped in dedication 
All strung out on novelty, collapse yourself and try to comprehend
An angry island, a bitter bee sting 

Severing and shattering free the self and fix the between 
It's isolation, mark the earth around you 
Guess who's on the waiting list, 
I'll let you in on something secret
 
I can disappear anytime I want to, time I feel you 

Shovel through my skin, I am with you till the end
 
First you breathe out then you have to breathe in 

Lash yourself repeatedly until it sticks, until it sticks  
Under the eyelids, carry on cadaver  
Festering interiors, all hollow breach and vapor silhouette
Need medication, more medication coursing through your interstates  

All mad and great confused and counterfeit  
Kamikaze sear the blood inside me 
Guess who's got it figured out, I'll let you in on something secret
 
I can disappear anytime I want to, time I feel you  

Shovel through my skin, I am with you till the end 
And I can decompose when it suits me I accelerate it  
Wicked on all fours, I surrender to the storm
 
You'll never know how it feels 

You'll never know how it feels  
Can you feel it? Can you feel it?
 
I can disappear anytime I want to, time I feel you 

Shovel through my skin, I am with you till the end
I can decompose when it suits me I accelerate it 

Wicked on all fours, I surrender to the storm  
And I can disappear anytime I want to, time I feel you 
Shovel through my skin, I am with you till the end I am with you till the end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been