Thursday, August 9, 2012

3rd time is a charm?


     Well, since this is going to be my new blogging home, I guess I should get about introducing myself to the new person or persons that might visit the page.  The easy part is my name, which is Matt.  That shouldn’t be too hard for anyone here to remember.   As for what I do, well at least for now I am the purchasing manager for Weiss Enterprises two downtown Pittsburgh locations, Smithfield News and Universal  News. 
     In a previous life I was a talk radio show producer, a job which I had for 12+ years until the format for the station changed and the layoffs came.  Those who live in Pittsburgh will recognize some of the names that I sat across the glass from; Jerry Bowyer, Doug Hoerth, Lynn Cullen to name a few, to most everyone else those names probably will not ring a bell at all.
     What actually got me into blogging many moons ago was just a need to, as the phrase goes, get some shit off of my chest.  I originally started posting on a friend’s message board and from that grew a need to have a space all my own, thus I found a place called Yahoo 360, where I blogged until Yahoo literally let the wheels fall off that wagon.  I migrated, taking the show on the road to Multiply, in part because the service was easy to use, and in part because Multiply allowed us the option of importing our Yahoo content, lest in get lost in the vast internet wasteland.
     Now I find myself here, because like 360, Multiply is closing their social networking application leaving those of us who blogged there to find a new home.  But if you have read more than this entry, you probably know that.  If you want to go check out that page, feel free.  The address is http://mattpritt.multiply.com/ , though that page will be lost come Dec. 1st.  If Blogger allows me to import that content over here, I will make arrangements to do so, but if not then I am not sure how much of it I will end up reposting here.  Some things I would like to keep, other things can just be left to fall by the wayside.
     As for what one might expect from future blogs here, well I will say that I am an avid hockey fan, and living in Pittsburgh, it is pretty much a given that I follow the Steelers and Pirates as well (and it looks like the 19 consecutive years of losing may finally be coming to an end on that front).  So do not be surprised to read blogs about the local sports teams, maybe even some pictures from time to time (if I can score me some tickets).  And after 12 years in radio, it is not uncommon for me to unburden my own opinions on politics and pop culture from time to time.  Let’s not forget. There is also the subject to which I am an absolute authority on, that being me.  So there will be plenty of doses of my own personal trials and tribulations as well. 
     There will even be some things (I can’t call them features) that I will be continuing from the old blog(s) that I just don’t want to let go of, but I will explain them as needed.  Right now it isn’t needed.
     Commenting on anything I write is always open to the public, though name calling in the comments is not permitted.  I do not mind people disagreeing with me, but I do mind disagreeable people. 
     Anyway, things will unfold as they should and eventually if you stick around long enough you will ether come to love or loathe the page, but as my boss would say, “it is what it is”.  For now what this is is my new blogging home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been