Friday, January 25, 2008

Stop biting me without your mouth

Greetings and salutations once again. Sorry I have been away from the page for a while, just tending to life as I know it, which can be good and bad, this week was a little of both. Not sure any of it was blog worthy or not though. I guess I will just start writing and see what happens as far as where this goes.

Some things that are blog worthy would be the updates that I know you have come to know and love. I guess I could start with the fantasy hockey stuff. When last we left my team in was holding onto the 6th and final playoff spot in my 12 team league. Well, last week I ended up going 5-2-3 to maintain my presence in 6th place, my record now sits at 72-65-23, so I am starting to put a little distance between my record and the .500 mark as well. Mind you, while this week's numbers aren't officially posted yet, the week is over, because this weekend is the All Star weekend so the last regularly scheduled games for this week were last night, and the season will resume again come Tuesday. This week I went 6-3-1, so while Yahoo hasn't tabulated the new standings yet, I am pretty sure 78-68-24 will keep me safely within the top 6.

Just 8 cents for the change meter, the new total is $33.79. I did expand my scavenging however. Coke has been offering reward points for caps, Pepsi will soon be offering the same (I think Pepsi stuff starts Feb 1st) and I have taken to picking up caps and points now if I see them lying around. I will not add these to the change meter, they aren't money after all, but they do count towards free stuff, so if I end up picking out any good things, I will let you know, since you, if you littered in my neighborhood, may have helped me get it. I know Coke has a bunch of stuff you can get with the rewards, and checking out the Pepsi page, they are going to at least offer music and tv downloads. This is the advantage of living in an old city (Pittsburgh has the oldest population outside of Florida). People despise technology here, they almost fear it. It means that when I go to the grocery store, I can use the automated checkout, because the old folks would rather stand in line than self scan their items. It also means things like internet codes for prizes completely eludes them, so more stuff for me, woohoo!!!!

By the way, I have complained about the writers' strike in Hollywood because of the lack of new, original, smart programming. I take back all of my complaints now. If the best the writers can come up with for a movie script is a vagina with teeth, then maybe we are better off without them. For the record, this has nothing to do with anybody I dated, that would be Vagina Teeth 2, Electric Boogaloo.

Do I really need to explain the Asshat this week? Haven't we all seen the Tom Cruise video? I thought so, but attempts to deliver said Asshat award to Tom were unsuccessful, apparently they cancelled it in his area.

I have an idea for BFT Version 3.0 as well. Nothing concrete or typed out yet, just some vagueness rattling around in ye olde cranium.

I did add the link to my Imeem page today. It was one of the places that I thought of going to when 360 collapsed, as I was storing some audio information there anyway, but I decided against it. It will still be used for audio storage, but since Doug has been let go, I doubt I will be doing much in the lines of being a radio guest anytime in the near future. Mind you, I am still on the radio during Lynn's show, but that is just a hit or miss thing, nothing where I can say tune in at such and such time to hear me do whatever.

I almost forgot on the update front, I finished the Pogo badges this week. I am debating whether or not I want to put forth the time to chase down a couple of game award badges, I am at level 9 in Bingo Luau and there probably will be a badge at 10, and I am less that 10 word search puzzles away from a badge in there as well. It could be a 5 badge week, but that would mean that I am being irresponsible, and while I have tomorrow off, I should try to get something done this weekend. Heck if it is warm enough, I should spend some time looking for more Coke and Pepsi points as well. It isn't quite the hunting for aluminum cans I used to do as a kid,

While reading a blog from someone on the contact list the other day, I realized that a fair portion of the contact list is Republican. Not that I have a problem with it mind you, just the opposite. But being a Democrat myself, I appreciate the crossover appeal the page has. I like to think that I am not far left guy; 9/11 wasn't an inside job, Gore lost in 2000, Hugo Chavez is a dictator in all but name, but if anyone were to wonder why I find someone like Mark Morford (stolen content day) appealing, now you know. Of course it is no explanation for Christopher Hitchens, whose politics are all over the map, much like my own.

Oh well, I should scoot, I have a dinner to make and then a dinner to eat. I prefer the eating part myself, if someone wants to volunteer for the making part, well, that would be cool.

1 comment:

  1. That teeth movie looks like a good one to pass. whats for dinner Matt?

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been