Sunday, January 13, 2008

Reset!!!!!!!

Well, that didn't go as planned. I should know ahead of time to do a little research before assuming anything. Sorry for letting you inside my cranium for a moment without explaining myself. I was just tinkering with Pogo again after getting home from work and I knew that I was within striking distance of level 10 in Tri Peaks Solitaire. I don't know why, but I like getting Game Award badges almost as much as the ones that offer tokens, and being that close to level 10, I was salivating at the possibility of adding to the badge album. So here I am, playing away, thinking I just need to cross the screen 6 more times and the badge is mine. By the time I had cut it to two, I was struggling, I was just stuck, not able to clear a single board, needing to complete just 8 hands of cards. Finally, I broke through, got the last two to finish one game and with one trip across the board left, I ran 6 straight hands. The badge would be mine, muaw ha ha. Except the game award badge is at level 15, not 10 like most games. Damn, damn and damn!!!!

Anyway, I knew there was some stuff I forgot the other day, some of it has crept into my mind, other stuff just remains elusive. But first, I must get some of the ever tasty $4.90 large cheese pizza that I am treating myself to this evening.

I did add a link to the page earlier today, which I am sure those of you on the list got as an update. It is one of my things over at Yahoo that I still use, Launchcast Radio. The station is primarily designed by me, but Yahoo still sticks some crappy stuff in there from time to time. I am trying to get it down to just alternative and R&B music preferably older versions of both, but as Yahoo adds artists and the refining process continues, songs that seem out of place will still pop up far more frequently than I like. I have done over 5000 ratings on the station so far to try to whittle it down some, but it is always a work in progress. Feel free to check it out and offer your complaints to my taste in music. It may run with commercials in it, depending if you have the Plus version of Launchcast or not, I do, which is why I use it as much as I do as the Plus version is commercial free.

I have added some new names to the page recently, so again I urge you to check out there content, or just drop by to say hi, I am sure they would appreciate it. Since I have added some new names recently, it is time once again for a blog reset, or what happens here on a semi regular basis.

Glogs - These are just blogs of live sporting events as I watch them. This is an idea that I stole from Sportsline, they have a slight advantage over me in that they blog in real time, I have to wait until the game is over then come back and post the whole game as one blog. The advantage I have over them is that I get to comment on other things while the game is going on, such as the commercial breaks or just life in general, you really never know just what may appear in the beginning, middle or end of a glog, but the whole thing will be wrapped in the cover of a sporting event that I am watching.

Change meter - This is a running tally of any money that I find during the course of my meanderings. The change meter has been a blog feature for roughly two years now and will show up as needed, which means when I find enough money worth mentioning before I forget I found it.

Asshat of the Week - This is handed out weekly and goes to the person whose stupidity goes above and beyond the call. The Asshat is awarded for the previous 7 day period (Sun-Sat) and can appear at anytime during the week.

BFT (Blunt Force Trauma) - This is a new feature to the page and it is just me ranting on something that I find irksome. Unlike the Asshat, which is based mostly in fact and the only opinion I have regarding it is in selection the winner, because much like Highlander, there can be only one. BFT is more commentary related.

Pogo - This really isn't much of a feature to the page, but since I have been writing alot of my time spent in there, I figure I should put it here nonetheless.

Fantasy sports - I am an avid player of fantasy games, and will post on the page just how my teams are doing. Currently you can rest easy, it is slow time fantasy wise, I just have a hockey team in Yahoo to worry about. Soon enought though, there will be hockey, NCAA tournament and baseball updates all making their presence felt on the page and later in the year it will once again be fantasy football time.

Video games - I will occassionally give updates on video games I am involved with if they are an ongoing thing. This is most just my create a player in MLB 2K6 The Show right now, Joe Random, who is trying to make his way to the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame. I haven't mentioned him in a while, because for whatever reason, I tend to gravitate to those sports video games that are currently taking place in real life, so I play football and baseball games during their respective seasons for the most part, which explains why I haven't been playing baseball as much recently, but I just did break it out of the case two nights ago, so those updates may again be forthcoming.

Okay, I think I have gotten that out of the way sufficiently enough. Next order of business is, simply put, this page needs a title and I am being brain stump stupid in coming up with ideas. I plan on keeping the two quotes in the title box, the quote from Bart Giamatti will always remain there, if ever there was a theme to this page, that would be it. The other quote I will change from time to time, depending on what catches my eye. This is similar to my 360 page, where I rotated the quote at the top of the page, and BG's quote consistently remained at the bottom, the only diference being these are both at the top of the page. I will be rotating the music in and out as well, but for the time being, the page needs a snappy title, one that drives the chicks wild with desire. Giggity giggity and all that. I am taking suggestions if anyone has any brilliant ideas.

For the record, I have next weeks Asshat and BFT all locked up, the only trouble is in the writing the BFT. It is a matter of trying to explain something without being too confusing. There is a difference between knowing something and being able to explain it, and that is where I am right now, I know what I want to say and I am trying to add adequate background to support it (it is a silly thing about me, I try to defend my position from time to time), but at the same time make it so the reader's eyes don't just glaze over. It is a test of my limited writing skill to be sure.

I do have an update from the last BFT regarding bums, as twice since I wrote it, they have amazed even me in their audaciousness. The first incident happened last night, I was walking to the part time job to get my schedule. I left my place around 6:30pm, dusk had settled over my sleepy little hamlet and when I got within a block of my destination, I saw not one but two women bumming change from passersby. Why they stood out was that while it was a semi comfortable evening (it was in the upper 30s temp wise), they had with them a baby in a stroller, as though that might be the convincing thing to get people to part with their cash. All I thought is that it was terrible parenting to be wheeling you kid around in the dark, risking getting them sick, just so you could go about your vagrant ways. The second was on my bus ride home from the radio station this afternoon, when I boarded the bus bound for Oakland and I saw seated on the bus one of the "regulars" that frequents the streets of my neighborhood. I think the look on my face made her think twice about asking me for anything, but two stops later, another lady gets on the bus and she is eating from a bag of potato chips. Needless to say, this was an open invitation for the bum to mooch off of her (if you are ever around bums with something recently purchased, it is an open invitation to be harrassed, because it shows you have money on you somewhere), asking for some of the chips. The lady agreed and handed our vagrant the chips, and she proceeds to just start cramming them in her maw nonstop. If the actual owner of the chips wouldn't have said something, she would have eaten the whole bag right then and there. Here I am thinking, you know, bus fare is $2. If you are so poor that you can't feed yourself, you could have walked and bought like 8-12 packs of ramen noodles and not had to ask someone else for their snack, let alone make a damn pig out of yourself in doing so. I swear these people just piss me off. As a disclaimer to Leslie's joke the other day, I should note that all of the bums I have referred to, both today and in the BFT were English speaking lazy ass Americans. It seems the immigrants were at work.

That is enough from me for now, I will be back in the next couple of days with this week's Asshat and Orthodox Radio Christmas. This is what they call in the business a teaser, just so you know. Nite everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Make the chicks wild with desire? The solution is simple...Call it ......LEE'S PAGE lmfao

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao @ lee. n Matt dont do that, although i'm sure it would be interesting to find out what would happen after u did that. I haven't come up with one for mine either except chaing it during the holidays or ramdom stuff. It's what ever strikes me really. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmfao......I'm paying attention lmfao

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh matt lmao i guess this just proves sometimes u actually get what u ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this way if I say something that pisses people off, I don't have to take credit for it. Actually I have been ruminating on the title for a while, I think I know what it will be, but I doubt anyone will get it, which might be half of the fun to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking about this since you posted this blog and nothing inspirational has jumped out. Hell I'm bored with my own but don't know what to change it to.

    Lokking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course by changing the title again, I think I just made a bunch of these comments irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been