Monday, June 22, 2015

B365V2.31 - Adopt a myway

So I am riding the bus to work the other day, I got out of bed late and had to walk the extra couple of blocks to 5th Avenue and get my coffee from Six, the name of the cute girl at the gas station.  So I get my coffee, catch the bus almost immediately because there are like 15 I can take from that spot to get me where I need to be.  Because I am bored and I don't have a book to read, my eyes are peering out the windows on the left and the right when we approach the Birmingham Bridge.   The bridge connects lower Oakland and Uptown with the South Side, spanning the Monongahela river.   Here is a pic, just because I care.  





Now what I found funny was on the end of the bridge was one of those adopt a highway signs.  You know the ones, some company buys it for publicity, then once every blue moon they send some employees out on a weeekend  to pick up shit along the side of the road.  I am sure that makes for some fun times at the water cooler.  "Can you believe that fucktard Steve, he signs us up for this Adopt a Highway bullshit and then he doesn't even come out to pick up trash."  "Family emergency my ass, we all had places we would rather be."  "Next time he pulls this stunt I am dumping my trash on his desk."

So as the bus goes rolling by, I see one of these Adopt a Highway signs on the end of the bridge, I think Sprint or someone was the guilty party.  And I say guilty because they adopted a fucking bridge, there is nothing to clean up along the side of the road, unless they are out dredging the river.  Suppose someone does throw a bag out the drivers side window, are you dodging four lanes of traffic to go get it?  Fuck no!  You didn't take a job at Sprint to play Frogger with someone's empty McDonald's bag in the middle of four lanes of traffic.  And dredging the river, please the PA Department of Enviromental Protection doesn't even clean that shit up, so why should you?  You have cell phones to sell damn it, not play Sea Hunt with some Mon river trash.

See, this blog material stuff does write itself some days, even days where I am just along for the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been