Sunday, June 7, 2015

B365 V2.23 - Almost an off day

Just sitting down to breakfast in what is possibly the best 24 me hours I will have during my birthday month of June.  Yes, the birthday is coming up, 46 years old in the 18th, which means my time in this earth is probably half over at least.  That is a pleasant thought to kick off what promises to be a good day and a half.

Last night, after work, I made it home with a $5 Antoon's pizza in tow and watched a hockey game.  It might have been the first time this entire hockey season where I got to sit down and watch an entire game.  Usually life or not having cable gets in the way of such things and with the weather being as ice as it has been I thought I would take my day off and go to the zoo and after that take in some of the Three Rivers Arts Festival.

It has been a while since I have had breakfast at Pamela's, I forgot how much I like their potatoes and chorizo sausage, both of which are yummy.  On the plus side I also got here early, before 8 am, so no wait for a table either.  Of course I would have been here even sooner had I not left my cell phone at home and had to go back and get it.  Honestly I would like to leave it in the bottom of the Mon river.  The only time it rings is when somebody wants something.

As well as this being my birthday month, it is also the one year mark since I accepted a promotion at work to my current position.  Not sure what that position is, but I have held for 365 days so far.  So far we have celebrated by having one person quit this week and another get fired.   And I may lose a third person, who was interviewing for another (and better) job.

Okay I made it through the zoo relatively unscathed, though I learned again why it is best I don't have kids.    I was in the aquarium section, with the sharks and what not when I heard this kid in front of me alternating between a high pitched scream and some guttural phleghmy noise.  I first I thought he had blown his noise on the glass which would have been bad enough, but there was no snot and he kept alternating between that noise and his screams.  The noise sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place it immediately, but then it licked, I knew where I had heard that type of noise before,while watching The Exorcist.   Needless to say, I beat feet and put some distance between myself and the kid before he started chanting in Latin and the aquariums started to crack.

I also forgot how big the zoo actually was.  I was taking pictures which was slowing me down a little but even so it took me an hour and a half to go through the entire place, and that was spending very little time in the snake and lizard section.

Now I am headed back into work to post next weeks schedule.  It normally gets posted on Friday but the person we were firing was scheduled to work Saturday night and rather than have them not show up, I am stuck posting it on Sunday instead.   So I ride the zoo bus back to Oakland, then switch for a downtown bus.

Okay, that's done.  I took a short nap on my first bus, then transferred and went into work where I posted the schedule and fixed the western union money order machine,then took a quick stroll through the TRAF,but I will spend more time there on Saturday night, when Neko Case is playing.  There is a cute brunette standing about 10 feet to my left, I should say something but she is too well dressed for downtown on a Sunday, especially with me in my plaid shorts.  Plus I know my luck with women,if she reciprocates any sort of interest then she must be crazy. If there is one thing I don't need today it is a cupful of crazy.

Well we ended up on the same bus out of town,perhaps she is stalking me.  Fat chance of that, I haven't had a stalker of sorts since I produced Doug's radio show and someone wrote in saying that they wanted to meet me.  Doug suggested that I follow up, I said it speaks volumes of someone when they are sending letters to an AM radio station because they want to meet the guy who pushes the buttons.  That my friends, is as close as I have come to having a stalker.   Well that and I have one person who visits this page that thinks so highly of me that they have a reader set up for my blog.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for people stopping by the page, but I can tell the difference between someone  who comes here as a visitor and someone who downloads my page to read at a later date.

Well looks like I lost my potential stalker.  Truth be told I did get off of the bus one stop earlier than normal though.  When I was at work I bought a $10 scratch off ticket and it won $50, so I was going to take it to cvs to cash it in, as well as see what goodies they had.  I didn't get much, just a roll of paper towels, some bread and a pint of Ben and jerry's.  Then I made the walk home and proceeded to take a nap, now I am debating if I want to get back up, since tonight is the first night of free cinema in the park.  The Sandlot is playing, not sure I want to see it, but it would get me out of the house on my day off.  That would be a plus.

Anyway I have prattled on enough, perhaps some pictures to look at are in order.

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been