Sunday, June 21, 2015

B365V2.30 - Rainy days and/or Sundays

.    So I woke up this morning to lots of Happy Fathers Day posts littering my Facebook news.  No such utterances will be coming from me today, or to me for that matter.  I am quite confident in the fact that if Maury Povich showed up on my doorstep, it would be to proclaim " You are not the father." Because sex is one of the many things in life I don't have.  If sex were food, I would be one of those starving Ethiopian kids with flies buzzing around his head while Sally Struthers talks about how malnourished I am, before returning to her trailer to eat a sandwich.  As far as saying those words, well my father and I don't speak.   Perhaps I should rephrase that, we are capable of making the requisite noises that forms words and language and what not, we do not speak to each other.

     Today I am taking advantage of my free breakfast from IHOP, one of those many freebies I sign up for on the web.  And we all know how I like the word free, que Bueno and all that jazz.  But I figure I will eat my brekkie (Aussie shout out, holla) and then meander across the Homestead High Level bridge to the Waterfront.  I want to run by Barnes & Noble, because my brain is starting to feel like mush, I haven't read anything since the Calvin and Hobbes book right over there ------> and while it wasn't a collection of cartoons per se, i can't say I felt overly smarter after having read it.

      Was just sitting here and observing the confusion that is taking place around me, my table doesn't have sugar or salt and pepper, the table next to me doesn't have silverware.  Luckily one of the waiters is auditioning for the Improv today, he blamed these oversights on Federal budget cuts.   Now if Fox News were here, I am sure they would blame it on Obama, or tell us how the stuff we need is locked off in a Clinton email and if only everyone had a gun, then everyone would have silverware.  The logic of the right sometimes astounds me.

      Like common sense gun control measures are somehow an infringement of people's rights.  Let's face it, we are the only modernized nation that puts up with shit like Charleston on a regular basis, and then proceed to blame the victims themselves for not being armed enough to stop it.  Do the fucking math already, our current path leads to people dying and if the status quo is good enough for you, then the blood is on your hands as well.
                                               The walk from IHOP to the Waterfront.

                                  
                         For some reason there is a bench at one end of the Homestead High Level bridge.
                                           I love the view of the river from up here though.
                              Sandcastle off in the distance on the other side of the bridge.
                                                Steal your Starbucks WiFi here!!!!!

Okay, made it to the Waterfront, with a detour through limbo, limbo of course being that place where you decide you have to go to the bathroom, but you are far enough away from the starting point you don't want to go back, and far enough from the destination that your bowels are putting you "on the clock" so to speak.  But I got my shopping done, now I am sitting outside Starbucks, without purchasing anything, just robbing them of their Wifi.  Cause I'm a dick like that.

But I needed to check the bus schedule (portauthority.org, can you dig it sucka!) so I was not standing around waiting for hours on end.   I have about 5 more minutes here before I lose all interenetedness till I get home, which could be a while.  I have to run into work first.


And I am back, during which time I came to a pretty interesting observation, after I eat, I sleep.  I ended up napping on the bus, from almost Squirrel Hill all the way to downtown.  I went in to work and dropped a couple of things off, a Father's day gift for Ed and a small Itunes gift card for Steve since today is his last day.  I hate to lose him, but he got a job offer we couldn't possibly match.  In other words, he will be making more than I currently am and I run the dog and pony show, so there was no way we could match the offer he got.  Which is fine, I get that Smithfield News is a stepping stone for most people, not a destination,  so if anyone gets a better offer, I am happy for them.  If not, the you better be busting your ass for us because I have no desire to carry dead weight around.

And that is it for today, I am going to get about doing some things on the homestead, as opposed to doing things in Homestead.  Always with the semantics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been