Sunday, June 14, 2015

B365V2.26 - Weekend plans

Saturday, 9am and I am sitting at the laundrymat washing some clothes for later today.  I am supposed to meet  up with one of my high school buddies, Jim, and go to a baseball game, so it would have been advantageous of me to have done this task yesterday.  But as often becomes the case, by the time I got home yesterday and made something to eat, I pretty much didn't want to move.  Brian didn't show up yesterday, he took his kids to Kennywood and Ed was off for a drs. appt leaving the store once again in my ever so capable hands.  For those that do not understand the organizational flow chart, it goes something like this  ;  Brian - owner of Smithfield Hews, Ed  - former owner and Brian's dad, Brian usually refers to him when he is around, which is about half of the year, the other half he is in Florida, and yours truly who handles day to day operations and is there 6 days a week.

My issue comes from the differing styles that Ed and Brian have.  I'll admit they both have better people skills than I do, but Ed tends to get swayed by sob stories and breasts far more than Brian or myself.  I am a no nonsense results kind of guy, I don't want to here about why things can't happen, I just want them to get done.  As a result Ed and I but heads more than Brian and I do, including a couple of times since he came back from Florida this week.  Last week we had a girl ( of course) quit out of the blue on us.  To me that isn't an ideal situation, but one we can deal with, whether that be by rearranging the existing schedule or by hiring someone new, but when you quit without any notice, good riddance in my book.  Except tits and an ass were involved so of course Ed hires her back, and I told him point blank, I wish I could just drop a note, saying I quit and then come back and get whatever schedule I want.  I was told to calm down, I said I am calm, just explaining the precedent we are setting here for the rest of the crew upstairs.

Now had Brian  been around he may have been on my side in that argument, though him disagreeing with his dad is not a common thing.  But since Ed came back Brian has already not bothered to come in 2 of Ed's first 5 days back.  And unlike a year ago when I was unsure if I could handle this job, now I am all Marcus Lemonis like, in that I trust my process to get us where we need to be.  And my process doesn't have time for such foolishness as playing one manager off of another until I get the answers that I want.

In the time that Ed was away, Brian and I worked very well together, better than I even thought we would.  Not that Brian is a tough boss, but he does have a level of expectations from his workers and he and I tend to agree on that front.

Okay, completely off the subject, but my stomach is killing me.  Not in a vomitous type way, but just a nagging pain that makes me think I need to go to the bathroom, but I know when I do go it is going to be an episode of fingerpainting with my ass upon conclusion.  Not sure if it was something I ate last (most likely, that is when this started) or some other problem I don't know about, but I am leaning toward the jalapeño dogs I had for dinner last night.

Okay, stopping time, after that piece of information I am sure you didn't need. I have 3 minutes left on my dryer, then go shower and get this day kicked off.   I'll be back later on.


Okay, about a quarter after three in the pm, got some of my stuff done at work, though I will have to go back later on to finish up.  Jim is running a couple of minutes behind schedule, but isn't everyone today.  I should be done with my work by now, as opposed to half done, Brian was running late in getting me the tickets to today's game.  Though truth be told, Brian was not the reason I didn't finish yet, by putting off doing laundry until morning as opposed to the night before, that put me, hours behind in getting started at work.

Sunday afternoon and all is well.  Seeing Jim and Ronni was pretty freaking awesome.  Brian came through big time, he not only brought the baseball tickets, but a letter granting two people field access to the post game Big & Rich concert afterward.  I let Jim and Ronni  use the pass, I am not a huge country music fan and the seats we had were close enough to the stage for me.  So after the game they scurried off to the field, I walked around the stadium taking even more pictures.of course by going to the game I missed the Neko Case show at TRAF but I really haven't spent that much time with my friends from high school since my graduation year (1987, holla).  Was kind of hoping my friend Rich could have joined us, but his mom was having surgery on Friday, so he was otherwise disposed.   And I am all too familiar with health issues with parental units.   Last time I called home my mom was asking if I saw her cat.  I suppose if I was the cat whisperer that would be possible, but since I haven't been home since last summer when we were working on fixing their fire damage and her cat has been dead for better than a year, Vegas odds on me seeing her cat aren't very good.  You have a better chance of the city of Pittsburgh electing a republican mayor.

After the game last night, I went back and banged out my ordering.  I finished up around midnight, then came home and struggled with the process of taking pictures from my iPad and getting them onto my laptop.  I think I solved that issue though, just not sure I can recall every step I took to make that happen.

Now today is Sunday and I am on the bus, making a Walmart run.  Not that I really need anything there, this is just an effort to get out the house and get the blood flowing.

That was fast,ran in the store and bought a couple of things to snack on later today and ran back out of the store. Now I am on the bus home, hoping I don't fall asleep, like I nearly did on the way here.  Not even coffee was helping.  On the way back I am listening to podcasts while I type.  Nothing that I would recommend to the masses, just some guilty pleasures like Talk Is Jericho and Petros and Money.  The podcasts didn't help, I was conked out in the back of the bus, where at least I had enough space that if I fell over while sleeping I wouldn't have fallen into anyone.  But I am home now, time to post this nonsense, as well as some pics.  Too
























dles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been