Wednesday, June 24, 2015

B365 V2.34 - Warning shots

Don't say I didn't warn you?   In the middle of one of my 365 day sojourns into blogging I had stated that I may be in need of a guest blogger.  Funny thing about saying such things, I have officially extended an invitation to the show.

In the days leading up to the big event, provided such an event takes place, I will give everyone a heads up, such as the where toe and how's to rad this persons other stuff ( I stand by my rule of not calling blogging actual work) so you can get a better feel for who I. Invading this here space.

Truth be told, I had almost forgot I extended the invitation, it was part of the Yuengling fueled fiesta that was the day before my birthday.  I only happened upon the page checking out more recent entries when I saw what I wrote on the info page and saw it got a reply.  Something about being honored to guest blog here.  Not Klingon styled honor involving a blood oath or anything,so there are no guarantees this will take place.  I am just shopping my wares like the Asian lady who works the Happy Smile massage parlor.

I have finally caved in on Facebook and started taking part in the whole Throwback Thursday thing.  Not that there are old pictures of me popping up ( yikes to that notion) but rather I am reposting old blogs that still put a smile on my face when I go back and reread them.

Fuck, I wasn't expecting that.  I am sitting on my bench in the park again and there is a road that runs right behind it.  Well someone just came up behind me on a bicycle (I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike.......) and I didn't hear or see him until he was practically on top of me.  That is what I get for being out here at 11 pm I guess.

I could take a nap on this bench, it is certainly much cooler than my apartment right now and the coffee I bought on my way here has since been consumed to no lasting effect on my ability to keep my eyes open.

Work has been the same recently, Ed has been helpful in his return, which coincides with Brian taking more time off.  As for me and my time off, I laugh at you for thinking such a thing.  Just on Tuesday Ed asked me if I could stay late, he messed up the schedule and needed someone to cover the register for a couple of hours.  To me it is like calling the righty out of the bullpen to close that shit down.  Or to quote the Greek philosopher Vanilla Ice, " if there's a problem, yo I'll solve it, check out the hook while my dj revolves it."  Yes, I really did utter those words in response to the request.

Well once again we see why Twitter and I don't get along, why say in 140 character what you can say in 1400.  And to think when I sat down here I had nothing on my mind to write about.

Speaking of work, I still haven't had that employee evaluation, though I did get a decent raise, an extra $1 an hour, so I must be doing something right.  I figure my salary plus perks, the store still pays my cell phone bill and I did get the company seats for two baseball games this summer (4 seats per game @ $45 per ticket) I am doing okay for myself.  Not well enough to buy heroin for others, but enough that I can definitely get by.

Is it wrong that I still watch planes in the sky and wonder to myself if they are flying too low?  Is that a remnant of 9/11 or something?  Speaking of 9/11, that was also the day that Krispy Kreme opened their first store in the Pittsburgh area.  I remember because we were in the studio that morning, I was working with Jerry Bowyer and they went ahead and dropped free donuts off at all of the radio stations in the area, thinking these peeps are all going to be talking about how good our shit is and then people will stop by after all of the almost free publicity we are getting, then planes star slamming into building and the world turns to shit and the last thing we end up talking about is donuts.  Funny how history gets in the way of a good pastry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been