Tuesday, June 9, 2015

B365V2.24 - Nothing left to give

Have you ever let yourself get tied up a little too much in someone else's drama?  It is by far one of the major perils of Facebook for me, the idea that I might be able to offer insight or assistance to someone who I realistically don't know.  And such is the place I find myself in these days.

I made a mistake a few days ago, one of the people who pops up on my newsfeed from time to time contacted me.  Now we have shared some conversations in the past via messenger and what not, which from my perspective seemed like I was passing on fatherly advice.  I am much to old to be trolling Facebook looking for a date and with my luck with women and the internet, why would I bother anyway?  As long time readers are aware, that shit don't work for me. 

That being said, we have had conversations in the past when I get a message out of the blue the other day that she needs help paying for meds she needs.  Now I was at a point where I had a couple of extra shekels laying around so I decided to help.  I was told that I would be paid back in a few days, which  didn't care one way or the other, if I am helping a friend out, then that is just the way I am.  I don't loan people money because I don't want to be all busting kneecaps to get it back, if I have something and a friend needs it, I will gladly offer it.   So I wire $50 to help out, then a couple days later I get another message, could I help again.  So I do, mind you it was only because I had it.  Then a day after that I am actually busy with something important and I am being nagged again for still even more money.  And now all of a sudden I am Scrooge McDuck swimming in my gold coins or something, and anytime I get a message from her I cringe because I know it is going to involve asking for more money and I was stupid enough to enable the process to begin with.  Fact of the matter is I am far from independently wealthy and it has only been in the last 6 months or so that my job has me at the point where I am not robbing Peter to pay Paul with my own bills.  It was not that long ago that a part of every paycheck I got was put aside just to pay my rent, one pay period did not cover that financial burden.  But that doesn't mean I am making enough money, nor am I volunteering to be someone's sugar daddy either. 

I gave up on the damsel in distress nonsense a long time ago, sometimes people have to live with the consequences of their own decisions and I can't fix that.  Hell I can't even fix me, good thing I don't break down very much.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no. You didn't really? That act is so old. Same scam the Nigerian play. Matt, take off the pink shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I got to more messages since I wrote this and ignored both of those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check that, three more as I was harassed all day Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been