Tuesday, June 23, 2015

B365 V2.33 - Benched

This is nice, sitting on my bench in the park, relatively late at nite (9:48 pm, late by park standards), enjoying the nice cool evening breeze.  Not really sure I have anything witty to say, just enjoying the peace and tranquility of this here spot.  I have a book with me, and while it is night time, there is a street light almost directly behind me, so reading until the wee hours is an option.

Some guy with a really loud car keeps driving by, as if that is supposed to impress anyone.  You are in a car, we get it.  When I am walking to and fro, it doesn't make my walking cooler by one iota if I start screaming at the top of my lungs.  Most people would look at me and think, "What a fucking retard."

Some college aged kids arrived to play on the swings.  I would say something smart but I used to do the same thing when I was their age.  Even now, if I had some partners in crime I think I could be persuaded to jump the fence and go swimming in the pool after hours.  Still no word from my mom regarding my birthday, but at this point I am used to her forgetting things so it doesn't come as a surprise.

My honest opinion of her state is that things that don't get exercised, including her brain, will continue to atrophy.  I know I feel that way when I get into one of my spells, where all I want to do after work is just sit on my ass.  If I don't have my mind working, reading a book or writing on this page, then I really do start to feel dumber.  And I know she isn't doing much besides sitting around and watching TV, and as we have discussed before, her TV viewing leaves a lot to be desired, unless you believe that " Mama's Family" reruns are quality programming. Fuck, I just started a sneezing fit, I may be allergic to this whole outdoors thing.

Not sure why I am mentioning it, but the most recent edition of Pittsburgh Magazine had its annual Best of Pittsburgh edition come out recently.  It should come as no surprise that this blog was not selected for Best Blog, seeing as how this is one of Pittsburgh's hidden gems.  The number of Burghers who actually know of this page I could probably on two hands, and of those people none of them frequent the page in a regular basis.

While I would not put my work in here ( remember, blogging is not work ) against others in the area, we all have our own unique voices and talents, I still wonder have my old job stuck with the talk radio format and had they tried to develop talent as opposed to riding the coat tails of existing talents (Doug Hoerth, Lynn Cullen, Jerry Bowyer), if I couldn't have developed the best radio show in Pittsburgh.  Honestly I think I could have, based in the nonsense I hear on the radio on those few occasions I listen to it.  Instead this market is still replete with the humdrum mediocrities that it always has.  If ifs and butts were candy and nuts, then Kim Khardasian's ass would be a Snickers bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been