Friday, May 9, 2008

Exit strategy

Remember when my words were on 360, as opposed to their current resting place on Multiply?  Well, some of you won't because you didn't hang out with me back then, so you missed many sage offerings from one such as myself (anyone here disagree with me on bird flu now?)  I anguished on whether or not to move those words to a new platform, thinking maybe I should wait out the change, after all it was to be in the beginning of 2008.  Then it was to be in March of 2008.  Now it is to be sometime in the second half of 2008, though Vietnamese users of Yahoo 360 are happy now that they get 360plus, I am not sure if that is additional features or additional bugs at this point.  I am sure somewhere in the Yahoo offices they are finding a way to attribute their incompetence in this to, you guessed it, global warming. 

To think Microsoft wanted to buy these guys?  Those might be the best dollars they never spent. 

I am just glad I wasn't stupid enough to stick around for all of that nonsense.

4 comments:

  1. I am still on 360, but the hounds of yahell have me so angry that I've told my friends that I can no longer stand the ailing format. I'm not real fond of this one ether ( although I dont lose my blogs here while posting them). I am looking for the eutopia of cyber space and so far I have been met with medioric trash. I enjoyed your humor and your incite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think I headed this way because of ease of use and the fact many of my friends migrated in this direction as well. I am far from the most computer literate on the web, I look at some of the themes that people create content in the knowledge that it is far above my pay grade. I looked at a few other services, heck I even have an account on Imeem where I store most of my audio stuff, but in choosing Multiply, simple sold me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in fact a follower to this site.. .not a leader... however I am happy for the change. I had to laugh at you saying "you didnt hang out with me" back then lol why is my alarm clock going off at midnight.... when i havent been home all day... AND I havent set it in days! creepyish!

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been