Monday, November 14, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 308 - Target goals

As many of you know, I collect some things that other people either have no use for or tend to throw away.  Me, I am all about free, so if I can get something without actually spending my own money on it, well then I will do just that.

Probably the three biggest collections I have going right now are the change meter, a running total of money I find on the ground and what not, Swagbucks, a search engine that awards bucks which can be redeemed later for prizes and Mycokerewards, a point system under the caps of all Coke products. 

The major goal for the change meter is nothing specific, just a cash total.  And in than vein, the next accomplishment will be to reach $400.  Well, we aren't near there yet, though the last month was relatively productive, I found another $5.45 so the new total is now $315.92.

I am closer on the mycokerewards front, where I am trying to get the MP3 player.  That would require me to collect 1500 points, and right now I am getting there, I have over 1320 points, but I still have little ways to go yet.

Lastly would be my Swagbucks, where really the only thing I get is the $5 Amazon gift cards.  Sure, I could save my bucks for bigger prizes, but any of those very same prizes I can buy with the Amazon gift cards anyway.  Plus Amazon lets you bank the gift cards, so you can build up a balance and they also allow you to use the gift cards for shipping and handling also.  Not many places do either one of those things, usually it is just one gift card per order and you are still responsible for shipping charges.  I have in the past used those monies to add to y reading collection, but for now I a trying to save up for a Kindle.  The cheapest one they have is $79, not too expensive but not cheap either.  Anyway, I already have over $70 now saved via Swagbucks and another $5 gift card pending, so I am about one gift card away (450 Swagbucks, I currently have 10) from cashing in on a free Kindle as well.

See, I can get a blog out of just about anything, even free stuff.


3 comments:

  1. I'm still looking at ebook readers - it's around $150 Australian for the cheapest version of kindle here so yours at $79 seems like a good deal to me.

    I don't want a kindle on principle though...I'd rather give my money to a company that isn't Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The $79 version has special offers that pop up when you aren't reading it, so I am sure they are getting their money back in advertising revenue. I don't mind Amazon though, anyone who will bring y books to me is okay in my book. Fewer trips to Barnes and Noble that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you aren't subject to the same restrictions as an Amazon customer that I am as an overseas customer. There are many titles simply not available via Amazon if you live outside the States.

    I need an ebook reader that allows me more flexibility to buy from various outlets.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been