Sunday, November 13, 2011

Multiply 365 Day 307 - Still on the island

So I figured today was the day I finally lost. The survivor poll I am in was down to 3 people, and I was one of the remaining three. For those not in the know a survivor pool works something like this; each week of the NFL season you have to pick one team on the list of games that you think will win. If you pick correctly, you survive and move on to the next week. The only stipulation is that once you pick a team, you can't pick them again. So 9 weeks into the season, the number of possible teams you think will win is somewhat diminished.


With that In mind I looked at the slate of games for this weekend and decided that I would take the Philadelphia Eagles. The matchup they had looked promising, Arizona was flying across the country to play them, without their starting quarterback and with their starting running back at least banged up. And by taking Philadelphia I was saving a couple of teams that I like for another week, should I need them.


But what is it said about the best laid plans and all that jazz? All of my careful inspection of the schedule and scheming to make sure I took a good team but not too good a team backfired. Philadelphia gives up a touchdown with less than 2 minutes remaining and loses by 4 points.


That would seem to be the end for me, I didn't survive after all. Except it turns out the other two people also lost, both taking Baltimore over Seattle (I would have considered Baltimore had I not used them two weeks earlier) so even though we all lost, we all get to play at least one more week, until a definite winner is decided.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been