Monday, December 22, 2008

Some heads will roll

Hey kids!  Hope all is well, just cold here, much too cold for yours truly, but I haven't been smart enough to move to warmer climes yet, so I get what I pay for.  Anyway, we have some things to discuss, so lets get about it, shall we?

Again thanks to all that drop a kind word or two on my passing from the great Renda empire this past Friday.  All in a days work so to speak.  Truth be told, I missed some of the fun, as after I left, two more people were told their presence is no longer required.  Brandy, who basically ran the promotions department for all three stations and Mark, who did a large amount of the commercial and promo voice work for all three station were also told to hit the bricks.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I obviously don't want to see more people out on the street, but there was a part of me that wondered if my release was because of something I did, or didn't do  that I didn't know about and the sit down with me was more an act than anything else.  Given that more than I got blown out, I am leading more towards the simple saving of a few shekels line of thinking than anything else now, so in that regard my mind is somewhat at ease.

     I did mention the news director job I inquired about and I said not to put the cart before the horse.  Well it turns out that position was filled about a week ago, though the program director there, Mark, was kind enough to email me back and say that they may have another opening come July and requested a copy of my resume and a demo if I had one.  I gave him a link to one of the hours I did with Lynn that I have posted online, and sent a resume as well, but I don't see me waiting around until July for an opening that I wasn't sure I wanted to begin with.  I dropped a couple of more inquiries into the local ESPN station, as well as a station in Boston that is looking for a morning show producer and XM radio, which is looking for tape editors for their sports feeds.  Haven't heard back from any of them, but it is early and many people are out of the office around the holidays, so I am not sweating it yet.  After all, I haven't even gotten my info regarding my unemployment claim yet, other than it has been received.  It seems like everything is moving at a fast pace these days, yet I can't wait for the next thing to happen.  I still have my job interview tomorrow with Smithfield News, jeez, where does the time go.  I haven't even finished my Christmas shopping, maybe I will do it tomorrow after the interview, who knows.

Kudos to Lee, who did indeed kick my ass in fantasy hockey this week, though at 4-5-1 my team would take that as a moral victory right now.  I am so used to being run out of the building anymore, that I will take a close week as a good one.  At least my fantasy football team looks to be headed to the championship game, I have a 12 point lead headed into tonight, with two guys playing yet, and my opponent has none.  You can register negative points in fantasy football, but to come up with a minus 12 would be hard to do on my part.  Go team!!!  Woohoo.

I can't think of much more to say, I haven't even thought about an Asshat yet.  I did burn off some more Pepsi points, 6 more songs to the list.  Go ahead take a listen, they are all on the bottom if you don't want to listen to all 51 songs now, but that is a $51 savings in my book. 

 


Coke Rewards

 

As for me, I will be working on round 10 of VIRBLE.

2 comments:

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been