Monday, December 8, 2008

Asshat - Look no further

Sometime during this weekend, I actually believe it was Friday morning, though it could have been even earlier in the week, I was going about my business on here, adding comments where I thought comments were due, tinkering with my own page and the like, but when I would go back to the inbox, nada.  Not to say my stuff wasn't added, I made sure to double check, but I was receiving no credit for adding anything back at the inbox.  Then this morning, I trudged into work, and because I am testing an automation setup to assist the station when I am on vacation, I had ample time to add to ye olde blogosphere and I went to comment on a page.  I finished my comment, hit submit, and got some message from Muliply saying that something went wrong (I forget the actual wordage right now) and to return to the homepage.  Well I snuck back to the inbox, again I wasn't listed as having commented, but I checked the post and it added my comment twice, so I deleted one of them and came back to the inbox screen.

Next on my agenda was to add a new Blunt Force Trauma to the page.  I was really into typing it, I was citing historical facts, adding a link to an article that was relevant to my rant and all and all really enjoying getting back into the whole BFT mindset.  All looked good, I even went through it and doublechecked my typing and punctuation (because we all know my typing leaves alot to be desired) and when it looked like I had dotted all of my i's and crossed all of my t's, I went ahead and hit submit.  The same error message from Multiply came up as when I went to leave a comment.  No problem, I figure, last time it took the comment, just added it twice, I will go back to the inbox, and if my entry was added twice, I will just go in and delete one from my page.  Except when I went back, my entry wasn't there at all.  The  bugs are getting scarily similar to the same bullshit I had to put up with at Yahoo, and the bugs are the reason I am handing out an Asshat this week to Multiply itself.

8 comments:

  1. Judging by the threads at the user support group this has been happening on & off since the weekend maintenance.

    If the BFT blog you tried to post is showing in your media locker but you can't open it send a report to CS. If they can't restore the entry for you they will have to delete it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shows up in the media locker, but it will not open there either, and it will not allow me to delete it either from the page, or from the locker. I contacted them to see if than can either restore it or delete it, I would rather not retype it, but worst case scenario this too could make for a BFT entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know how long it will take for them to reply to you, since the msn migration response times have slowed down.

    I still save a copy in wordpad....old 360 habits don't die lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually I will save it to my draft folder, especially somethign as long as what I was working on, but since it was a slow work day, I managed to bang out the entire entry and was just going to post it rather than save a copy. That being said, had it been the only thing to go wrong I probably wouldn't have complained, but being it was a weekend full of errors, the Asshat had to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across an asshat smiley the other day but I didn't save it cos you couldn't really tell what it was. I do have some pic's though lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rich sent me a few a while back also, hopefully I dug them out of my email properly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will say this morning we may have gotten a winner for next week, he will be very hard to top.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been