Sunday, November 15, 2015

B365V2.157 - Whatever the hell this is

So I am camped outside Pamela's, waiting to have a late Sunday breakfast.  Hell, 1 pm you could probably call this brunch.  But since it is Sunday and I have no place to go, I decided to join those in the Soviet style bread line and wait a little bit to eat.  Besides waiting gives me the perfect opportunity to type, something which I have failed to do quite a bit recently.

Yesterday was a pretty interesting day, by that I mean it was a busy workday, complete with some additional festivities like kicking another thief out of the store and kicking a bum off of the corner who though he was going to sleep in his cardboard box out front.  Mind you this bum also has stolen from the store in the past and is usually drunk and harassing customers in front of the store, so before anyone gets all "Matt is mean to homeless people" vibe going, let it be known he was warned on numerous occasions by myself and Brian that we did not want him hanging out out front and he wasn't allowed inside, last nite I see him out front again and I gave him two minutes to leave, walked around the block and came back and he didn't leave, so I called the police.  Now we all know my luck with the police, I expect they did nothing other than chase him off, but dare to dream and all that jazz.

Okay, I made it through breakfast.  I don't know why but late yesterday I started getting a craving for pancakes, so I ran out and got some of the banana chocolate chip variety.  I say ran out but that is a bit of a lie, my lack of energy still persists.  It went more like this, I know Pamela's opens at 7:30 am, I woke up around 6am, played some MPQ, laid back down at 7am, slept until 9:30am, woke up and convinced myself that even if I had to wait in line for a table it didn't matter because I am off today, so went back to bed and woke up again at 11:30 and fumbled around the apartment for a hour or so before finally getting to Pamela's around 1 pm.  I really need to find that second gear in the morning to get motivated.  Friday I didn't get out of bed until 9 am, that is usually the time I start work.  Saturday I didn't get out of bed until 11:30, and got in to work after 1 pm.   Obviously anyone who has come here recently noticed that I haven't been blogging nearly as much as well.   Save for the fantasy football posts and hockey vids which thankfully make it look like I am paying attention to the page, even if I am not.

I should say some words about what happened in Paris, but it really does defy mere words.  On one hand it invokes a bloodlust, a desire to want to see the people involved die, preferably a horrible and painful death, but by catering to such emotions I put myself on par with those that committed the atrocity to begin with.  Of course because of the irony of that I have chosen to say little, rather than those who have opted to blame the refugees from Syria for what happened, or to suggest that if Parisians had guns then maybe some of the carnage could have been prevented as opposed to what more likely would have happened, that being an increase in the already too high body count and to confuse the first responders on the scene as to who the active shooters actually were.  Sorry, but I have rarely seen where more guns are the answer, save for the occasional anecdotal story the statistics don't bare that out either.

Just the other day, going with anecdotal stories, I saw where a toddler shot his sibling.  He got the gun out of the glove box in the car.  When shown this story by a friend I suggested it wouldn't have happened if there had been a good toddler with a gun there to prevent it.  Because that is the insane logic we use these days.

Now I am sitting at home typing this out and watching a German basketball league game on the laptop.   I believe the teams are from Fraport and Bamberg, though I know so little about European professional basketball that it might as well be nuclear physics.  Anyway I have a couple of hockey vids I need to catch up on, and to post this as well, whatever the hell this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been