Thursday, November 12, 2015

B365V2.156 - Life is just a fantasy (Week #9)

So, we close in on the end of the fantasy football regular season, most league including both of the ones I am in stop after 14 games, weeks 15 and 16 (and in my 16 team league week 17) are the playoffs, so it is time to start worrying about where I am in the standings as well.  That being said, it was nice to have a week where I won both my games after two weeks of losing both.  How does this past week help me in future endeavors, lets get to that shall we.

Work league (W) 127.46 - 117.10  This was the game that I was most worried about, my opponent going is was 7-1 on the year and if I didn't want to make an early exit from playoff contention I needed a win here.  Thankfully I managed to pull one out (thank you Antonio Brown for the crazy 284 receiving yard performance) and moved my record to 4-5.  The top 4 teams make the playoffs here, 4th place is currently 5-4 so I am definitely in the hunt if and it is a big if at this point, I keep winning.  Another week where my opponent scored 100+ points (he had the second highest point total in the league this week) and my problem is I can't buy a break, my opponents average over 111 points a game, nobody else is even at 100 points a game against.

Bloggers league (W) 90 - 45  A win here kept me above 500 at 5-4.  The top 6 teams make the playoffs in  tis league and 6th place is currently 5-3-1, which happens to be my opponent this week.  OF course as is the case with this team, the injury bug came back to bite me as my quarterback went down and may miss a few weeks with a sprained foot.  If I make the playoffs here it will surely be luck that gets me in as I am playing without my quarterback and my first round pick at running back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been