Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas List - A blog tradition

Yes, it is that time of year again, where I sit here and get all greedy by listing the things I would like this year.  Not that I expect anything on this list, but I have always been of the notion that if someone asks me what I want for Christmas, I am quite sure I can list some things that would be of use and once again my mother made that mistake this year, so here I am firing off this years version of the Christmas list.  But where to begin?  How about right here.....

 

My own radio show

Money

Groceries

A haircut

A quiet breakfast of an bagel with cream cheese, coffee and a copy of the Washington Post

The West Wing on DVD (any season but the first and last, whcih I already have)

Pogo stuff (membership, albums or gems)

A Philly Cheesesteak

A good set of HD rabbit ears for my TV

Books (ask for specific authors/titles)

Pants

Socks

Shirts

Sleep

PAT bus pass

Miroslav Satan Penguins jersey

Bookshelf

A maid

A pliable female

Gift cards (Barnes & Noble, Target, Walmart, Giant Eagle)

Chad Vader DVD

Hockey tickets

A homemade pie

Better results for my fantasy hockey team

Postage stamps

Okay, that is all I can think of for now.  Of course, once I post this, I am sure I will think of a dozen other things that I should add.

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your eclectic lists. I'll be on the lookout for Gumby's female equivalent & give her your address! lol

    I can never come up with a list, there is nothing I really want or need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabbit ears (I'm bit confused about these lol, or have I missed a joke somewhere?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. rabbit ears = tv antenna

    don't you call them that in the uk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nope they are called aerials over here lol, thats why I was confused lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard the term aerial used here, albeit not that often, but when used it tends to refer to an outdoor antenna, whereas rabbit ears tend to refer to indoor antennas, or would that be antennae.

    ReplyDelete
  6. either spelling is acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i noticed that you asked for another philly cheesesteak this year.... does this mean you did not get the one i left on your front step last year ? to think ... i drove all the way to philly to get that thing for ya....you should really learn to stay home for the holidays!

    well ,this year i am gonna leave the pliable rubber doll on your front step....i suggest you stay home this year to pick it up !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, but last year you thought all Democrats ate Swiss cheese on their Philly cheesesteaks, when in fact it is just the idiotic ones (I am looking at you, John Kerry), the rest of us like Cheese Whiz, as any proper Philly should have on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so if i were to put swiss cheese on your doll this year....you would leave it there until john kerry were to come get it ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. um, I'm a bargain shopper. Don't know if you have them there, but there's a chain called "dollar general" here, and i scored a set of HD bunny ears for 8 bucks, not on sale. Slight drawback of not having an signal amplifier on them (they don't plug in) but if you are close to the signal they'd work (dad's house is in the country, and they still worked pretty good).

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been