Saturday, February 23, 2008

I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those dead Presidents

There are times where I just get away from this page and I can't bring myself to come back all that quickly. It's not that I don't have things to write about, I do, I just can't get over the hump of getting started, for fear that once I do start I have no idea when exactly I will end. There certainly has been enough stuff to put together a blog or two, I just have been lacking the enthusiasm to do so.

I guess I could start with the easy stuff. 28 cents gets added to the change meter, so the new total is $34.12, but so far this year it just seems like the change meter is a step slow, I am not finding cash nearly as quickly as I had in the past. At least I have my Pepsi and Coke things to keep me busy. Speaking of which, nobody said dibs, so I am assuming nobody took up my offer of a free song from Rhapsody. Shame really, I have redeemed 6 so far, and I have points enough to grab some more. I should do it this month, next month the downloads go back to 33 points as opposed to the sale price of 15. Okay, that is taken care of, so far my little pet project has netted me 11 songs from Rhapsody, and a potential 7 more from Pepsi, though they do theirs through Amazon and not all of their library is available for download for free, only parts of it and I haven't found anything I like there yet. Rhapsody just applies the credit to your account and you can download anything.

My fantasy hockey team that I was worried about last Sunday ended up at least breaking even for the week, as I finished 4-4-2 to keep my non losing streak alive, though I did drop a couple of points to the guy in 7th place. This week I am playing the first place team, so I had best bring my A game, with just three weeks left in the regular season, a solid week or two and I am in the playoffs. I just need to avoid the epic collapse like I did in yahoo football by losing both of my playoff games and ending up fourth. I want to add to the trophy case again and the first step in that process is making the playoffs.

Amazingly, Yahoo hasn't messed up my fantasy trophy case yet, unlike my 360 page, which only works from time to time. They actually posted an update to say they were working on things with the new platform. Mind you, their last update was in October to say, well, they were working on things with the new platform. The more things change, the more they stay the same. It just makes me happier I opted out of that for this place.

I finished my most recent book that I added to the neverending blog. I have stuff laying around the house that I can read (if I ever get axed in one of those cost cutting ventures at the radio station, the loss of free reading material will really suck), I just haven't picked out which book will be the next that I venture into. There are a couple of different ways I could go, I still have one of the books my mom got me for Christmas, and I have a couple of non fictions that have a little appeal for me as well, just a matter of what frame of mind I am in if I want to go fiction or non.

I am debating if I want to do my breakfast thing again on Sunday, I was thinking about doing it this morning, but when I looked outside (see photo) it was snowing, and I didn't feel like dealing with snow. I can take a bus or I can walk, if I take a bus, it would be a shorter walk for me, but until the bus arrives and then gets detoured around the still under construction bridge, chances are I could have been there by walking without taking the bus. That being said, either option would have left me out in the falling snow, and I just didn't have the energy to deal with it, so I went back to bed. I figure I have to get up for work Sunday anyway, maybe getting up earlier and having a healthy breakfast would be good for me.

Mug me on Monday this past week had to be called off. I went into work Monday and everything was looking good, it was the 18th which is a scheduled payday, I had the afternoon off, which meant I could go out and do stuff including my venture to the new fish and chips place, but alas, since it was a "holiday" they didn't count it as a business day, even though everyone had to work, it's just nobody got paid until Tuesday. Mind you I put "holiday" in " " simply because it really isn't much of one, that being President's Day, its more like an excuse for a bunch of government fucks to extend their weekend and not much more. It's not like we get together and throw George Washington/Abraham Lincoln parties or something, nor to we have the holiday on either of their birthdays, instead it just gets tacked on as a Friday or a Monday somewhere near one of their birthdays so a bunch of people living of the public's dime anyway can sit on their ass an extra day. and no doubt they will be paid for it, after all what is a few tax dollars amongst citizens anyway. The delay meant that my ever so happy Monday was crushed, because I had to double between both jobs on Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday was just me working one gig and recovering from the ass kicking we took at the part time job Wednesday night.

At the bar, usually Wednesday and Thursday are our busiest nights, and with half off food from 9pm-12am, I am humping pretty good to make sure we don't get behind on anything. All of the stuff that I can get done early therefore, I do, because once 9pm hits, chances are I will just be happy to keep the ship afloat at that point. Well this Wednesday, my boss decided to wait to bring in his food order from Restaurant Depot until 9:30, right in the middle of the rush. So instead of keeping up, I am unloading a truck and just getting further and further behind, and since the cooks were working the line, I wasn't getting any help with the truck. I probably lost a good 30 minutes of dish time just putting stuff away and breaking down boxes, which meant I was now 30 minutes behind on the dishes, so I had to work twice as hard just to get to the point where I could leave at my scheduled time of 1am, mind you I am still getting up at 4am for the radio gig, so I was all but useless Thursday morning. It took a good three mugs of coffee to dent my sleepiness and another one or two for me to sound semi intelligent about the issues of the day. Thankfully for the time being, the primary election cycle seems to be driving the talk show bus, so I don't have to get as freaked out about show prep, I know what the topic of the day will be.

I have been working on the Pogo stuff still. This weeks badges were very easy, at least for me, so I have been trying to work on my second Mix and Match album. Each M&M album takes 20 badges to finish, and some of the badges that could be added to it were on sale this week, so I grabbed some of the cheapies that were in games I liked, or could at least tolerate, like Canasta, Pinochle, Axes Up, Perfect Pair Solitaire. and Gin. I have completed 12 badges so far, I have 4 more in my album that I have purchased but haven't finished yet. Sadly, you can only have one premium badge active at any time (though you can work on a premium badge and a weekly badge of the same game at the same time) so completing the album will still take some time. I can't see me getting any game award badges in the near future, I know I have at least 13 more word searches before my next one in there and that is probably as close as I am to anything right now.

I would like to say I have a Joe Random update, but I don't. I have been playing Diablo 2 on my computer instead, as well as spending some time trying to figure out the Sims 2. So far, all I know is I don't know what I am doing. I sent my Sim to work, he came back with a chick, which one would think "Damn I wish it was that easy in real life." Relax partner, as I am trying to figure out the whole interaction with other Sims thing, she starts farting, then she walks out of my abode to the street and starts eating out of the garbage can. Sadly, with my luck with women, this may be art imitating life, as I will either get stuck with someone like that or someone like this.

By the way, I did swing by the fish and chips place for a quick lunch on Tuesday, it's okay, nothing terrible, nothing great, but like the place that occupied the spot before it, these guys were smart enough to keep both gyros and wings on the menu, so while the fish is so so (I had the whitefish), I may head back just for the old favorites.

The World of Wheels car show is in town this weekend, and as part of the festivities they are having a Happy Days reunion with a few of the cast members including one Erin Moran. You don't know how tempting it was to buy a ticket just to ask her what it was like to have Scott Baio hump a couch with her on it.

And lastly, our Asshat goes to the musical group Boston. Seems they took offense to Mike Huckabee using their song "More Than a Feeling" at his campaign rallies and asked the former governor to cease and desist. Please, you and your music haven't been relevant in two to three decades, you should be happy it is getting played at all, and lets not kid ourselves, no one is going into the voting booth under the guise of "I'm voting for Mike Huckabee because of his campaign music" or "I am voting Huckabee because he has Boston's endorsement". Trust me, no one else is going to come beating down your door hoping to be the candidate that Boston likes, so get over yourselves already and just be happy somebody even remembers you wrote music at one point in time.

Well if I am to do breakfast in the morning, I had better climb under some covers and try the sleep thing. Don't forget to tip your waiter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been