Tuesday, June 28, 2016

B365V3.38 - The yard

So I am sitting outside again, not in the park mind you, but in my driveway.  My landlord left a temporary desk.  By that I mean there is a large wooden spindle type thing (one of the ones used to roll up cable) turned on its side in the driveway.  Probably due to some construction they are dong in one of their neighboring apartments.  But with it sitting here on it's side, the wooden top is quite a nice table top, plus I can steal my own wifi from my apartment.

This has all of the strange comforts of the park, a strange man was walking up and down the street yelling into his cell phone about how he was going to kick the ass of the person on the other end of the line.  An while i was sitting here, I turned around for a second (my spider sense was tingling) and sure enough, there were 4 tanuki in my neighbors yard.  They were creeping up on me, like they were a prison gang and I was the next to be shanked.  But once I established my dominance in the "yard". the hopped the fence in the back of the neighbors yard and presumably found someone else to shank.

I am starting to worry about ed at work.  Without getting to wrapped up in organizational flow chartiness, the power structure goes something like this, Brian is the owner of the business, Ed is his dad, and when Ed is around Brian defers to his dad's judgement on most things.  I would fall in at #3 on the list.  Ed usually s around during the spring and summer months, hen goes back to his Florida home during winter,  So usually spring and summer Ed is #1, Brian is #2 and those positions get reversed during winter.  Except Ed left early last year, like late August and here it is almost July and he hasn't come back yet.  Perhaps he has an abundance of confidence n how Brian and I do things, but this extended absence makes me wonder if there aren't other issues at play. 

Well the 7 Up rep was in today,  put in a request for home opener tickets next season for the Pittsburgh Penguins.  I doubt I will get them, but it can't hurt to ask.   I would like to be there for the Stanley Cup banner raising at Consol, so  started working my professional angles early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been