Monday, June 13, 2016

B365V3.32 - Shitty

Once again I find myself sitting at the Squirrel Cage, waiting on a sandwich and fries.  After the last week I need this badly.

Monday was complete with another half hour fight with Verizon, their internet setup still wasn't working, though the set up Art and I put together (mostly Art) was. Instead of fixing our internet the first time, Verizon sent us a jetpack, which is basically a wifi hot spot type thing. They offered us free data usage on it until our problem was remedied.  Because our in store network is not wifi I had Art pick up a wifi receiver, which we then install on my back office computer.  The problem was Brian's computer, which is wifi capable, couldn't get online.  Rather it was connected to both the jetpack and the in house network at the same time.  So I went back to Brian's desk and disconnected him from the in house network so his computer would only see the jetpack.  Not the optimal solution, but it turned out to be a workable one nonetheless.  Ideally we just wanted the same setup we had a few weeks ago, before all of our problems started.  So we put in a service ticket ( our fourth or fifth one on this project), they are scheduled to come in Tuesday.  And Brian is taking Tuesday off, so one more thing that falls on my plate I guess.

Tuesday rolls around, a relatively normal day for the most part, save for flying solo which means everything falls on my shoulders.  About 1:30 I get a text message from Verizon saying that our issue has been resolved, to which I replied, "not possible since none of you motherfuckers showed up today.  Yes, after 3 weeks of this bullshit, my politeness to Verizon Folk is fleeting to say the least.  About 2:00 there is a call from Verizon on the store phone.  Of course I am thinking I have rattled some cages with my text, in a positive or a negative manner I am not sure, but if it gets someone to show up all the better.  Turns out I wasn't that lucky, it was someone with new sales and service trying to sell us Verizon service.  I am thinking, how fucking stupid do you have to be to try to sell us a service which you are currently incapable of providing properly.  So Tuesday turned into another long unproductive day.

Wednesday Brian is supposed to come in, so I shoot hi a quick text of some things we need from Restaurant Depot.  I get an ok for a reply, so I a figuring all is good, I go back to fixing a problem I noticed when I came in, our touch screen lottery machine stopped working.  The video screens wouldn't operate, though I was still getting a light from the ticket scanner.  So I know the problem isn't electrical though I double checked the circuit box just to be sure.  Now the fact the lottery machine went down and nobody called me is just more proof of the lazy pieces of shit we employ, if it doesn't affect their paycheck they don't give a fuck.  I could have had the service call in like 12 hours prior and the problem already solved.  Instead I am going to have to take time out of the middle of my day to deal with the technician when he shows up.  I get my sales numbers done, still waiting on Brian, so I shoot him a text saying I had the numbers done, presumably this would be the kick in the ass he needs, knowing when he came in he wouldn't be waiting on me for anything.  Except he isn't coming in, turns out it was his kids last day of school and he had to pick them up.  More shit I could have know hours earlier and planned around.  By the end of another long day, I hopped on my bus and headed home.  I climbed into bed, took a couple of aspirin for what feels like chronic achiness these days.  Most nights I can't sleep without a couple of aspirin, the pain is enough to keep me awake most nights, the only way my sleep is restful is if I have numbed the pain.  The aspirin kicks in and I fall asleep for a nap, somewhere in the ballpark of 5:30 to 8:00 pm.  I wake up, and a thought crossed my mind that I was supposed to go see Motion City Soundtrack later in the week, I should probably check the dates and then see which buses I have to take to the show.  Doing the whole planning thing, is it smarter to leave from work, or go home and change after work.  If a bus can get me near the venue from home, then I go home, if a more direct route can be achieved by staying at work, I will pick up a few extra hours.  No big thing either way.  So I go to check the date and time of the show and it is Wednesday night, starting right about the time I woke up.  I thought about throwing some clothes on quickly and rushing out the door, but till I got there and with how shitty my body felt I wouldn't have enjoyed it.  I really wanted to go too, it is their farewell tour, no more dates after this one and given I missed their last show in Pittsburgh (sold out, as was this one but I got my ticket early), I really was looking forward to this show.  But misery does not like company, at least when I am the miserable one, so I stayed home.

This is where a TV show would have inserted a commercial break, but since I am blogging, for no monetary gain, we shall play on.  Thursday rolls around, Brian shows up and get this so does Verizon, or at least our contact at Verizon, Russell.  He starts talking to Brian, I explain that I disabled the in house network to Brian's computer in order for him to access the Internet via the jetpack and I am told I am out of the circle of people who should know what is going on.  Good luck with that you fucking piece of shit, given I am the only one in the store with the remotest of clues as to our current situation.  Ed refuses to learn how to use a computer, and Brian is clueless enough with them that he didn't even know how to use the print icon in his email.  So naturally I am the guy you want to keep out of the loop.  Eventually we did get the original network up and running, which knocked the credit cards back offline.  I put on a quick call to Art, who was able to reset that feature.  On the plus side, having fixed the internet connection, I have been walking around with the jetpack all weekend so I can have internet access on my tablet.  Until Verizon asks for it back I see no reason we should get use of it.  On the not so plus side though, having Verizon in the store set everything else back.  It was after 3 pm before they finished and the bank closes at 4pm, plus I still had to go to kinkos and mail out a package to Ed and come back to the store and finish our grocery order.

Friday would turn out to be a relatively normal day, nothing stupid happened.  I went in Saturday, it is a day when I do invoices, my GFS order and make my chicken, tuna and egg salad.  Except I couldn't, nobody bothered to order eggs, which we are out of, thus putting the kibosh on what I wanted to do and probably costing us another $100 come Monday when we have to order the same things from the guy who brings us deli sides daily.  The next person who argues for a $15 an hour minimum wage needs to work with my crew for a week.   That will talk them out of that nonsense pretty quickly.

So I do my stuff, stop by the Sq Cage, as referenced at the beginning of this entry, had some lunch and came home.  I figured worst case scenario, I could run some errands on Sunday and try resting a bit, in hopes that may help with my nightly achiness.  I get up Sunday morning, consider going to breakfast but their is a line at Pamela's and the special (roast beef omelet) is not something I feel like waiting for, so instead I decide to go to Giant Eagle, I had some change I wanted to dump in the Coinstar machine and to grab a couple of things for dinner tonight.  I get back from the store and I get a text from work, we only have $60 in fives left.   Of course this wouldn't be an issue if the stupid motherfuckers would do what they are to,d at the end of their shift, which is sell back your ones and fives to the bank before making your last drop.  Sure enough I go in and go through maybe half of the drops this weekend and find $600 in fives.  I sell that back to the bank then text Brian and tell him I am sick of working with people who do not listen, whose idea of work is to come in and play on their fucking cells phones for 8 hours and consider that work.  Yeah, my attitude is pretty shitty after 20 straight days at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been