Friday, September 26, 2008

What gives this away is the lack of a title

I need to get a blog out at some point and what better time than from my sick bed. Yes, you can tell fall is coming because I am having my first round bout of flu, I am hoping that this isn't a 12 rounder, I am in no mood no battle it that long. It was bad enough this morning that I actually took a sick day from the radio station, which I haven't done in years, but then again I was always worried about putting someone else in my chair while doing a live show, since I no longer do that, my concerns over who pushes buttons in my absence are far less great than they used to be. If I would have been doing a live show, I would have drug myself in on my deathbed, but not for what we are doing now, sorry.

Some thank yous are in order as well, first to those fans of the radio show that have ventured onto my humble little page. By all means hang out and check out the scenery and do stop by the friends pages as well. They are all way cool and are on the friends list for one reason or another, most likely simply because they asked. Mind you, unlike the show, the page is not all politics, it can be at times, but outside of the show it wasn't my only interest, so this page is more reflective of me than of anything I may have done on the air.

Thanks also to those that signed up for the fantasy hockey league. I set the league up to accept as many as 14 teams, but despite my prodding, a day before the draft I only had 4, which would have been a most sucky result, so Saturday before the darft I opened it up to the public in general and managed to get the league total of teams up to ten. Not quite the 14 I wanted, but good enough that I expect we will have a decent season.

.86 more to the change meter, so the new total is $38.63. The Pepsi caps and Coke points are still coming in, but the rate has slowed a little bit thanks to the institution of the smoking ban. Se, the thing is, we had a smoking room at Walmart, so I could scavenge the recycle bin in the smoking room for more points, but with the institution of the ban a couple of weeks ago, smokers are forced outside, which removes one of my prime sources for Pepsi and Coke goodness. I have gotten a little help from the return of the students to campus, I am getting more points off of 12 and 24 packs than I had this summer, but I am still down from what I had been pulling in. I should add some music to my Imeem list, I have enough points, but I have been saving for bigger goodies, suck as the Sennheiser headphones I got (which are awesome by the way) and the free month of Gamefly I gave away on this page.

The fantasy baseball season is just about over, just three days remaining and I have a 7.5 point lead on fourth place, so it looks like I will make a couple of coins this year. I still lead in 4 categories which would be good for an additional $40, almost enough in itself to cover the entry fee of $55, which my prize winning (provided there isn't an epic collapse in the last three days) I will pretty much double my money, and it gave me a reason to pay attention to baseball for the past few months. If it were left to simply to being a Pirates fan, then I would not be all that excited to pay any attention to baseball.

Tonight is supposed to be the first Presidential debate and I am not even sure I want to watch. I will, more out of some deep seated obligation that I think I have to remain informed, but really, barring either of the candidate's ripping off their mask to reveal that they are in fact the Red Skull, I expect very little of merit to come from this evening's festivities. And before anyone asks, don't ;look to me for sage advice on the banking collapse that has been taking place. Finance is by far one of my weakest areas, one needs only look at my savings to ascertain that, and I am not much for the blame game that goes on amongst the chattering class, whether the blame is being laid at the feet of Republicans or Democrats. Both parties have had ample opportunity to fix this before it became the problem that it currently is and neither has stepped to the fore and done a damn thing. For those that would like to blame Republicans, I haven't seen the Democrats address this problem with a single bill of note since taking the House and Senate in 2006, and for those that wish to blame Bill Clinton, well let's see, he was elected in 1992, so you have only had 16 years including 6 in which you held the White House, Senate and Congress and you too have chose to do nothing, so all of you can just shut the fuck up.

Great, just as I type that the debate starts. I suppose I could glog the debate, but forget the reader, I would probably fall asleep if I did that.

I may rue doing this, but there have been some problems with my email recently. I can't put my finger on it, other than Excite is possibly the worst web portal amongst web portals, making Yahoo, my normal punching bag, seem down right competent by comparison. With that in mind, those wishing to reach me may now do so at the following email address, mattpritt@gmail.com. Speaking of punching bags, I have a couple of Asshats that need be gotten rid of, and now seems as good a time as any.

One of which will go to Yahoo, that very web portal previously mentioned. You may remember what led to the vast exodus from blogging at Yahoo, with many of us ending up here on Multiply. The blogging service over there, 360, was becoming bug riddled and problematic to work with at best. yahoo even recognized it as such and said they had no plans to fix the problems, rather they were going ahead with their plans for a new platform, layout and a social networking site called Mash. So what happened, Yahoo has announced that Mash is now closed, meaning that all of that neglect fixing 360 was for nothing and grants Yahoo will merit Asshat status.

Also on the Asshat list is Robert Sanchez, one of the engineers involved in the Metrolink train crash in Los Angeles leaving 25 people dead and many more injured, as while one would hope an engineer would be paying attention while operating a train, apparently Mr Sanchez was busy sending and receiving text messages, the last one he sent was one minute before his train would collide with another train, blowing through a stop signal. Asshats like that kids, are thankfully hard to come by, because I would hate to have a Asshat kill multiple people every week, but in this instance, Mr Sanchez qualifies.

I have been just tinkering with the Pogo badges recently. I haven't been chasing games simply because they have a current challenge, but I have been playing games more that I like than I can get a badge from. Maybe I am suffering from Pogo burnout or something, I don't know.

I do know that one hour in I am already suffering from debate burnout. I can't wait to see what the red state guys do with this. They have posted a couple of videos since I last threw one of them up here, but I can't let this page be nothing but red state updates, they already have their own page and youtube channel, they don't need me to be reposting all of their material.

I am still sending out resumes to potential employers, no hits back so far, but I imagine part of the problem is that while I am willing to relocate, chances are that they are looking more for someone closer to where they are located. I know that is the case with one place I was looking at in Tampa Florida, which has kept me from even sending them a resume, but I still sent one out this past week to KMOX in St Louis. Sometimes you just have to plug away and hope something breaks in your favor. As it is, I need to tinker with my resume and make some changes before I send it out again, as it looks like in the next couple of weeks I am going to be producing a show for our first snake oil salesman to buy time, Wachovia Securities. In truth, they may be decent people, I have never met them, but when your programming is relegated to whoever wants to pony up money to be on the air, you are no longer doing radio based on being good, but just based on making a buck, regardless of the quality.

Funny, just as I type that bit about Wachovia, I happened over to Drudge where he has a link to a story regarding Wachovia's shares plunging and a possible merger with Citibank. I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind if they went belly up, we would just have to find the next Dr McQuacken to hock his latest cure all on our air, that's all.

Thankfully the debate is now over. Now it is just punditry telling us what we already saw, because we were too stupid to listen. Personally I found them both to be quite droning in tone and content, no game changing moments that's for sure. Not to worry, just as before the debate everyone was telling how important this debate was, come time for debate #2, the insignificance of this debate and the importance of the second debate will be the talking point du jour.

Well, I have typed enough, I am going to eat some dinner.

1 comment:

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been