Sunday, June 8, 2008

Magic lassos and things that go bump in the water

When I was but a boy, at first girls didn't interest me. I imagine that is the case with most guys, we don't just pop out of the womb and begin our quest for the elusive female. So, that being said, when they did start to catch my eye,  my first TV sort of crush would have been Lynda Carter, who played Wonder Woman. You may ask yourself why I bring this up, well today in the news I saw that while boating, Lynda Carter found a dead body floating in the water. My first thought was "I wonder if she will put on that hot costume again and try to solve the case." And let's not kid anyone, the costume was hot for 70s TV. Plus the magic lasso, imagine what you could do with a rope that made people tell the truth. The kinky side of my brain is just awash with possibilities, but the logical side imagines that the only truth I would be getting would be something like "Get off me."

Hi kids, how the hell are ya? Just relaxing in my overly warm apartment here. There is nothing on TV, I just finished watching an episode of West Wing over at Surf the Channel, where they have streamlined the design a little bit and made lauching full screen windows easier. I am getting to the point where I have no need for TV at all. As long as I can keep up on Deadliest Catch, where they just started Opolito crab season, crab fishing in the Bering Sea during winter, freaking crazy, let me tell you. Hurricane force winds, 30 ft waves and it is snowing out, I can't imagine what the wind chill on that is. Give me that and a West Wing or Newsradio or something cool and I will watch all of my TV right from my computer. Heck, today I watched Hillary Clinton's concession speech right from my computer, CNN steeamed it live, so who needs cable really?

The Clinton concession was interesting for a few reasons, but I am going to focus on the radio show that I produce and what happened there this week. As you all know, Tuedsay night Barack Obama passed the delegate threshhold needed to be the Democratic nominee for President of the United States. The host of the show, Lynn, has been an Obama supporter from day one, I started as an Edwards guy, but once he dropped out, I have stayed out of it, trying to be as nuetral a party as I can be in the proceedings. Anyway, Wednesday morning, our first show after Obama has clinched the nomination, we go on the air and our first call is from a lady named Florence. Florence was a big Hillary supporter and said she will not vote for Obama and that Hillary shoud run as an independent and so on and so forth. This brought us call after call from Lynn's listeners who were Obama supporters about how Hillary didn't concede Tuesday night, Hillary didn't say enough nice things about Obama in her speech, Hillary this, Hillary that. It was literally a laundry list of all of the reasons to hate Hillary Clinton. When that list wasn't enough, we could go into the hating Bill Clinton list. We got three calls on, of all things, Bill's relationship with Monica Lewinsky. Finally, after 2 hrs and 45 minutes of this nonsense and just 15 minutes left in the show, I asked a relatively simple question, are there any Obama supporters out there this morning that are happy he actually won? Here it was, an historic moment in political history, an African American man has a chance to become President, and all everyone wants to do is complain about the person that lost. Maybe it is just me, but if I wake up to the realization that a candidate I am supporting just got his party's nomination, I am in a pretty happy mood, but you wouldn't know it from these folks.

Okay, I will put the political stuff away for the time being. I finished my first full season in the major leagues in baseball on the PS2 and Joe Random (my create a character) did indeed win Rookie of the Year. Not only that, but the Devil Rays won the World Series as well, winning a best of 5 3-1 against the Texas Rangers, a best of seven 4-2 against the Toronto Blue Jays and sweeping Philadelphia 4-0 in the World Series. Joe did okay in the post season, batting over .400 with 2 HRs an 12 RBIs in 14 games. I started the next season, and it has been hit and miss so far. On the bright side, I won the starting first base job for the major league roster, so I will not start the season playing in the minors, on the bad side, there are three first basemen on the roster, so my playing time has gotten cut into a little bit. So far I am 12 games into he new season, and while I have played in all 12, 2 of them all I did was come in for one at bat as a pinch hitter. Considering the end of the last season I was playing every day for the last two months, either at first or as designated hitter, I was hoping I would roll up plenty of playing time this season, now that may be in jeopardy.

I have mentioned in blogs past that this page is ahead of the curve on some things. About 5 weeks ago I said how absolutely boring horse racing was, and that the hype for the Triple Crown was overblown because it is almost never won. Well, one horse, Big Brown, had managed to win the first two legs of this year's heralded Triple Crown (Kentucky Derby, Preakness), so what happened today at the Belmont Stakes? Lost, and not just lost but finished dead freaking last. Really, don't mind me, I just know shit. Just think, only 47 more weeks till the next Kentucky Derby and we can go through the same cycle again.

I have taken to replying to spam mail recently. It gives me something to do in front of the computer that releases stress. Anytime I get spam now, I reply to the same address with "Fuck you!" written in the email. If that doesn't work, if the email gets bounced back for not recognizing the address, I look up the second half of the address on the web, find the contact info for the company that hosts the email address and send them a copy of the email with "Fuck you!" attached to it. It's quite fun actually, I got to tell AOL to fuck off today, sending a copy of a spam email with a netscape.net address right to their legal department. Spam me? I spam you, bwah hah hah!

I finished this week's Pogo badges. Absolutely hated the blackjack badge, always nice when you lose more tokens chasing a badge than you get for winning it.

Well, after an extended vacation, and by vacation I mean just working one job as opposed to two, I started the quest for the second job today. Nothing too exciting mind you, just applications at this point, but one has to start somewhere I guess, and no better place than the beginning.

Drug update........http://www.farkitrol.com/

Always glad to help people with their medications when I can. Anyway, I am going to cut this short. And you Asshat from last week, and since Sharon Stone and Susan Sarandon got their own entries, I will not pick them, I will go with the Palm Beach County School District faculty. Not all of them mind you, just the Facebook members. Damn, we will be minting Asshats all night on that one.

14 comments:

  1. im looking forward to the asshat matt nice read as perusual I had to luagh at your "get off me" it took me back to Romie and michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great fun responding to spam emails, I used to do it when I would get them at my old job lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. as hot as linda carter may have been...i always thought the costume made it look as if she was wearing a diaper....barbra eden had the costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but I was born in the 1970s (well 1969 technically), not the 1870s, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for the deadliest catch. I haven't been watching it yet this season, i prefer to watch it marathon style, closer to the end of the season. Frankly, thats how i prefer my television shows to be watched, anyway. I think the whole season on dvd thing is spoiling me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been watching on Surf the Channel on my computer. I really am near the point where I can't see why people pay for cable when it is almost all online now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. easy there big fella , I' ll have you know charlie chaplin recorded some really hot babes !

    ReplyDelete
  8. hopefully the cable company will get wise and feed tv staight to your computer

    ReplyDelete
  9. what!? you were born in 69! I thought you were closer to my age not that much older! christ! shows you how much i know of the people I talk to online. NOT that age matters. But god!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unless your commenting on my page lmao

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah ,matt i cant believe you never told me you where THAT old...geez o wheez all this time i was drinkin with an old geezer...LMAOROTF:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this isnt about you Lee lol


    Matt I am sorry that came across like you're older than ancient dirt found in the stone ages. But I was really shocked. anyway sorry xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know, I am just way cooler than my almost 39 years of age would let on, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been